Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Email non working hours

Posted 08-03-2021 04:05
    Dear Team ,

I would like to know how we can hold or keep waited for email those comes on non-working hours and send it to queue on working hours 

#ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Noufal Ebrahim
    Saudi Manpower Solutions Co.

• 2.  RE: Email non working hours

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 08-04-2021 17:27
    The question is should you do that?

I know that companies might feel that well we can't possibly respond to those customers so why should our ASA be penalized because customers email out of hours.
    And I think that mentality is missing the point of metrics. Metrics are not there to penalize or reward you, they are there to tell you about the customer experience, how long has the customer waited, do you have a resourcing issue etc. And if the customer emailed out of hours and had to wait 12 hours, then that is how long they have waited for their email to be answered, that is the truth from the customer perspective. If you get a lot of emails after hours maybe that indicates you need to look at having an after hours team. By circumnavigating that you miss that vital information about the customer experience and customer demand. 

However, I suppose you could achieve that through APIs and a webservice. Have the emails go into a holding queue when sent after hours, and then at x time the webservice triggers API calls to get the emails from that queue and put them into another queue.

Anton Vroon
    KiwiBank

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources