Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Hold or Delay email messages in flow?

Posted 11-30-2020 20:18
    I would like to delay the emails that have come in overnight until 1 hour after our agents go on queue. I've figured out how to make the Flow evaluate a unique schedule so that during open hours emails will not go to the queue until a certain time (using evaluate schedule group) but the emails have to "go" or hold somewhere while we're closed. Then be allowed through to the/a queue for handling at 9 a.m. We've always just had emails go directly into a queue and have them sit in that "Email" queue until we manually add agents when it's convenient. I'd really love to automate this through the Architect flow if I can and combine calls/emails into one queue. 

According to the knowledgebase I could "Use the Wait action to pause the email process for a duration or until a time that you specify" but I don't know how to specify a time. 

See my screenshot of the flow I've created. I'm new to all this so I may just not be considering another way of accomplishing my goal and would appreciate any suggestions. 

Thank you so much!

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Kristal Kravik
    Independent Living

• 2.  RE: Hold or Delay email messages in flow?

Posted 01-24-2021 21:04
    Us a check schedule at the top of flow.  If not open, send to loop with a wait for 10 or 15 minutes.  Check schedule in loop and exit if open.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Hold or Delay email messages in flow?

Posted 04-28-2021 08:03
    Edited by Paulo Mesquita do not use 04-28-2021 08:30
    You have to put your schedule evaluation inside a loop and check one day at a time to figure out the next open date/time.

Then, you can use this expression in your "Wait Action" to determine how long each interaction should wait to be routed to the queue.

DateTimeDiff(State.NextOpenDate,GetCurrentDateTimeUtc())​

Paulo Mesquita
    Spark NZ Trading

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources