Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Audit chat history

Posted 02-01-2019 02:04

I am assisting our HR department with an investigation and need to obtain all chat/instant message history between 2 of our PureCloud users. The transcripts in question are between these users only – there is no external interaction involved.

I understand that chat is permanently saved somewhere. Is it possible for an administrator to recovery the content? Is there an article or procedure that someone could please point me to that describes how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

#PlatformAdministration

------------------------------
    Matt Nock
    Feros Care

• 2.  RE: Audit chat history

GENESYS
    Posted 02-01-2019 09:13
    As an Admin you can change the user passwords, log in as the users and view their chat history. That's the only way I know of.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Audit chat history

Posted 02-04-2019 00:08
    Thanks George. Do you know if it's possible to tell if the user is authenticating via ADFS, or directly using their PureCloud user name and password? If they're logging in via ADFS then we may be able to use your proposed solution to change their PureCloud password and log in without raising suspicion. Will any current session for a logged in user be impacted or disrupted by another client logging in with the same credentials?

Matt Nock
    Feros Care

• 4.  RE: Audit chat history

Posted 02-04-2019 05:17
    2nd to George, this is really the only way to view their chat messages. 

I have had this situation in various call centres, and have just changed passwords as part of the investigation and informed them that their <g class="gr_ gr_244 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" id="244" data-gr-id="244">chat's</g> have been audited in line with company policy. In any case, with <g class="gr_ gr_282 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="282" data-gr-id="282">purecloud</g> - users cannot delete any messages once they are over 5s old approx

Lawrence Drayton
    OVO Mobile (My Mobile Data)

• 5.  RE: Audit chat history

Posted 05-15-2020 09:45
    I like this approach.

Nathan Smith
    ConvergeOne, Inc.
    ndsmith@convergeone.com

• 6.  RE: Audit chat history

Posted 02-04-2019 12:31
    Also, this feature request is an "idea" and can be voted on, please do so (an administrative way to search chats)

Ramsey

• 7.  RE: Audit chat history

Posted 05-14-2020 08:17
    I definitely second this idea. Chat shouldn't be a black hole that info goes into and never comes out. Signing in as the user is a work-around, but if that user is still an active agent it leads to more HR/IT/agent confusion and issues

https://purecloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLCOLL-I-286

Vote there! ^

Angel R.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources