Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Outbound Campaign for Genesys Trunk testing

Posted 10-22-2021 06:39
    Edited by Alastair Pitt 10-22-2021 06:43

Hi all,

We are working with different companies to look at a full IVR testing platform in order for us to test the Toll free numbers, IVR Prompts, agent audio quality etc.

One of the things we would like to do is outbound testing to verify that the calls are working over the Genesys outbound trunks. I know some vendors are able to hook into our SIP and generate a outbound call request, but for security reason, we don't wish to do this and would like to initiate the call from our side.

With a number of companies, we can present to them a call and then play a greeting, they can then record the greeting and then mark the score of that call.
    We have a one off Agentless Dialling Outbound Campaign working and the call connects to an Outbound Call flow which plays a prompt then disconnects.
    We are able to schedule some tests in the future and that works, but what we really need to do is to have an hourly Campaign running M-F 9am-9pm say and not have to add them all in manually.

I realise we are using the Outbound Campaign for something that it was probably not designed for, but I am wondering if anyone has a better way to do this

Requirement - Outbound call to a number and connect to an outbound call flow and play a short prompt then disconnect, every hour, 9am-5pm, M-F

Thanks

Alastair

#Outbound

• 2.  RE: Outbound Campaign for Genesys Trunk testing

Posted 10-22-2021 06:48

Whilst it is quite a technical program, you could setup a SIP trunk that connects to startrinity or SIPP setup in UAS mode.  There are probably heaps of other ones out there but they are the two I have used.
    http://startrinity.com/VoIP/SipTester/SipTesterTutorial.aspx#setup_incoming_calls 

When you say mark the score, you mean MOS?

------------------------------
    Daniel Buxton
    Acquire BPO

• 3.  RE: Outbound Campaign for Genesys Trunk testing

Posted 10-22-2021 06:57
    Edited by Alastair Pitt 10-22-2021 09:20

Thank you for the quick reply @Daniel Buxton

I will look in more details at your suggestion, thank you,  but I am assuming the SIP Tester needs to run on a box somewhere? We are moving everything into the Cloud, so the less VMs we have to use/monitor/update, the better. If we can't do this on Genesys, this sort of idea might be an option.

To answer you question - Yes, this will be the MOS score

Thanks

Alastair 

• 4.  RE: Outbound Campaign for Genesys Trunk testing

Posted 10-24-2021 18:43
    Hey Alistair, its a tricky one.  We provide customers their trunks meaning our customers BYOC connects into our telephony infrastructure.  This means that if we we run a VOIP quality test we know it is accurate as it is taking the same path a real VOIP call would.
    If you want to run a VOIP quality test to a cloud product hosted in location A but your trunks connect to a carrier in location B then how will you know your MOS report is accurate?
    There are effectively 3 hops which will effect quality.  Agent to GC, GC to carrier and of course carrier to ROW but you have no control here.
    If you are not hosting the SIP trunks then perhaps contact the carrier and ask if they have their own VOIP monitoring

Daniel Buxton
    Acquire BPO

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources