Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How long one inbound interaction can stay on queue?

Posted 07-30-2020 13:39
    Hi everybody
    Please could you help me with this question?
    I have the next case, we are using the Puresocial conector for receive facebook´s messages like chat interactions in Genesys Cloud, but, the customer have a problem, there are some interactions with duration on queue around 10 hours and appear like "abandonned".
    Puresocial said that Genesys Cloud have this timer for cancel this interactions when those were by long time on queue. I do not see nothing about it in the resource center. For this reason I have doubt
    I made some test with email interaction and this interactions staying on queue until there are available agents, in other word there are not any timer! but in the chat interaction I can not test.
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Gladys Galabay
    High Telecommunications Sociedad de Telecomunicaciones Cia. Ltda.

• 2.  RE: How long one inbound interaction can stay on queue?

GENESYS
    Posted 07-30-2020 13:44
    No, there is no timer that disconnects a message or chat after a specific amount of time in queue. You would have to do something using the Conversations API to check for such interactions and delete them.

You can probably find some information on that in the Developer forum (developer.mypurecloud.com). Or, try a search on the Genesys Knowledge Network (know.genesys.com) which will look at all resources.

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: How long one inbound interaction can stay on queue?

Posted 08-21-2020 16:54

Hi Gladys, did you found any information regarding this "issue" with puresocial?

i'm implementing the same connector and the puresocial team informed me the same. 

they even told me to create a secondary queue to "reprocess" these interactions to not lose them after 10 hours.

thanks

Mariano Martinez
    Interaxa S.A.

• 4.  RE: How long one inbound interaction can stay on queue?

Posted 08-26-2020 13:50

Hi Mariano,

No, the Puresocial Support is not clear in their answer

In my test there are some interaction "abandoned " with 10 hours of duration, but others, with more than 23 hours in the same condition "abandoned"

In other words the interactions are mark like "abandoned" in different times, in my experience 10 or 23 hours.

I think that it is a Puresocial´s behavior, because, in Purecloud whatever interaction (chat or email) stay in queue until some agent is on queue for attend.

Gladys Galabay

• 5.  RE: How long one inbound interaction can stay on queue?

Posted 08-26-2020 17:14

Thanks Gladys for your response.

I did some checks during last weekend with some "testing" social media sites (facebook, twitter, instagram" and i can be almost sure that all the interactions remained in the "reprocesing" queue in 10 hours intervals at the time.

regarding these queues, when the agents logs back in did you find any issue with those queues? i can understand the purpose of not losing these interactions but those have a higher priority over the "live" queues because of how much time those interactions remain in those queues?

any tips you care to mention regarding puresocial? my customer is eager to go live tomorrow with facebook

Mariano Martinez
    Interaxa S.A.

• 6.  RE: How long one inbound interaction can stay on queue?

Posted 09-01-2020 16:03
    @Mariano Martinez
     I wish that you customer is working correctly with Puresocial
    In my case my customer have various queues by each network social, for this reason they are thinking about the ​"reprocesing" queue option because this solution signify create more queues and have a great quantity of queues only for this channel.

Gladys Galabay

• 7.  RE: How long one inbound interaction can stay on queue?

Posted 09-01-2020 16:16

my customer originally was not confortable with the reprocessing queue due the high amount of interactions that can provide, since they want to keep the agent team small they were afraid they weren't able to manage the high amount but after this weekend they seemed to manage just fine. 

one issue tho. Facebook closes interactions after a 24 hour window so if you leave interactions reprocessing a whole weekend in a facebook queue, on monday most of those interactions can't be answered. (unless the customer had more than one comment in that interaction every 24hour)

removing accounts from the puresocial portal is a pain, since my customer is a bank organization i created dummy social media accounts and when we were ready to remove those accounts we had to contact puresocial support in order from them to remove.

It's a handy tool, saves a lot of time. 

Mariano Martinez
    Interaxa S.A.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources