Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Inbound call flow will not save/publish

Posted 05-13-2021 08:15
    We have a large inbound call flow that is getting larger by the day.  Recently, when saving and /or publishing this flow (after updates/additions are made) it will give you the usual "saving" screen (while timing) but then flash "Save Failed" for a second or two.  And the flow is not saved (same for Publish).  No other indication it did not save and no error message.  Now it will not save/publish.  Anyone experience this?  What causes it, and how do you get your flow saved/published when this starts happening?
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Dan Zott
    Ally Financial

• 2.  RE: Inbound call flow will not save/publish

Posted 05-13-2021 09:50
    Edited by Warren Beddie 05-13-2021 12:07
    Hi Dan, 
    The first question I would ask is how are you building this flow, there are many ways to make the flow smaller. Also are you using reusable tasks and reusable menu. Happy to have a look at it with you. If the flow is getting larger you can get the issues you are getting.  
    Kind Regards

• 3.  RE: Inbound call flow will not save/publish

Posted 05-13-2021 10:17
    Thanks Warren,
    I didn't really described the situation well.  We are new to Genesys (this flow is our initial "chunk' of business to go Genesys), so "large" is relative to our small experience.  The flow size indicator for the Flow in question is not automatically displaying when the flow is opened and it show as "Low" when hovered over.  So, we shouldn't have reached any limits due to size.

Dan Zott
    Ally Financial

• 4.  RE: Inbound call flow will not save/publish

Posted 05-13-2021 12:44
    Hi Dan, 
    No problem you are new. Sounds like something went wrong with Genesys cloud use the save as feature to save a backup of current changes and refresh the page with the flow that has the issue and then try to publish. 
    Kind Regards

warren beddie
    Noralogix PTY (Ltd)
    warren@noralogix.com

• 5.  RE: Inbound call flow will not save/publish

Posted 05-13-2021 12:53
    Thanks Warren,
    Yes, just cleared the issue as I received your note.  You are right, I clear my browser's cache and cookies, went back in and save/publish with no issue.

Thanks again for your input.

Dan Zott
    Ally Financial

• 6.  RE: Inbound call flow will not save/publish

Posted 05-13-2021 13:20
    Hi Dan, 
    No problem anytime just send me an email if you have any other queries. If you have anything else strange first try 'new incognito window', caching can case a lot of strange events. 
    Kind Regards

warren beddie
    Noralogix PTY (Ltd)
    warren@noralogix.com

• 7.  RE: Inbound call flow will not save/publish

Posted 05-13-2021 18:56
    Some orgs block incognito mode.  So I installed a cache cleaner extension (Shhhh... had to hack to get an extension installed.)  Some days have to do this 6-7 times.

• 8.  RE: Inbound call flow will not save/publish

Posted 05-14-2021 08:13
    I did "jump the gun" earlier.  I was able to Save and Publish the flow after deleting cache and cookies, "once".  I have not been able to save it in many tries since.  I did try going in through the incognito window, but could not save it there either (but thanks for the suggestion, quicker and easier than what I was doing).  Don't know if I mentioned, I went the delete cache direction because I see a 500 error in the logs.  With cache/cookies not being the issue I'm sure the error is not caused from my side now (wishful thinking for a quick fix).  Have had a ticket open with Genesys from the start, so will just have to wait for their findings.

Dan Zott
    Ally Financial

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources