Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Calling Party Number not working

• 1.  Calling Party Number not working

Posted 05-08-2018 08:11
    Dear All

I try to put a number from our range of the E1 line to be the display to the customer in the Calling Party Number on the queue and nothing happens

Please I want you advice

what we need is to make one queue make outbound calls with a specific number and other queue make outbound calls with another specific number.
    is it doable in <g class="gr_ gr_10 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="10" data-gr-id="10">Purecloud</g> or not?

note when <g class="gr_ gr_110 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="110" data-gr-id="110">i</g> see the logs for my calls <g class="gr_ gr_111 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="111" data-gr-id="111">i</g> saw the number change but it <g class="gr_ gr_67 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="67" data-gr-id="67">apper</g> on my phone with the same number for all queue

ex: the E1 range xxxx00 to xxxx20
    we want to configure that queue1 appears to the customer with xxxx01 and queue2 appears to the customer with xxxx02

------------------------------
    Andrew Adel
    IST Integration Services And Technologies Co.

• 2.  RE: Calling Party Number not working

GENESYS
    Posted 05-08-2018 08:36
    You have to find out whether your E1 provider supports designating the CLI on outbound calls. If you do not have that feature, it will not work. 
    Also, if you do have the feature, you need to make sure they accept the same format for the CLI that PureCloud sends.

George Ganahl
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Calling Party Number not working

Posted 05-08-2018 10:42
    Thanks for your reply

but <g class="gr_ gr_53 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="53" data-gr-id="53">i</g> put it in the External trunk >calling>Address  the number that i want, like xxxx05 and make it Always it appears to the customer with the number that <g class="gr_ gr_176 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="176" data-gr-id="176">i</g> assigned xxxx05

and when <g class="gr_ gr_611 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_disable_anim_appear ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="611" data-gr-id="611">i</g> removed it from the trunk>calling>Address and make it unassigned DID and enable it to the queue the call party number nothing happen and the call display to the customer with the default number of the <g class="gr_ gr_346 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="346" data-gr-id="346">purecloud</g> like xxxx01.

Please advice

Andrew Adel
    IST Integration Services And Technologies Co.

• 4.  RE: Calling Party Number not working

Posted 05-08-2018 11:31
    Hello -

Not sure if this will help. If you have, for example:

• Trunks > External Trunks > Outbound, Calling, Address set to "xxxx20,"
    • Queues > queue1 > Voice > Calling Party Number set to "xxxx01," and
    • Queues > queue2 > Voice > Calling Party Number set to "xxxx02"
    Then place an outbound call on behalf of a queue using either of the two queues, you should see xxxx01 or xxxx02 as the as Caller ID on the receiving device.

That is, presuming, as George mentioned:

• Your E1 provider supports designating the CLI on outbound calls.
    • Your provider accepts the CLI format that PureCloud sends.
    Otherwise, you'll only get what is configured by your provider.

That help?

Patrick Rada
    Keypath Education LLC

• 5.  RE: Calling Party Number not working

GENESYS
    Posted 05-08-2018 12:50
    Following on to Patrick's advice, at the queue level did you " "Enter this number in E164 format, which includes the plus sign (+) and the country code."?

Also, is the Address Override Method set to Unassigned DID at the trunk level?

George Ganahl
    Genesys

• 6.  RE: Calling Party Number not working

Posted 05-09-2018 11:32
    Following this thread. Calling Party Name. I removed Calling Party Name at the trunk level, added Party Name to the Queue Level. Tested a call and instead of it displaying what I added for Party Name, it displays my Purecloud Profile Name! 

Has anyone tried displaying a Calling Party Name via the queue or campaign level? Does it work??

LY TRAN
    Cardinal Health 5, LLC

• 7.  RE: Calling Party Number not working

Posted 05-09-2018 12:17
    I have a similar issue:
    I cannot enter my number in the Calling Party Number field. I get the error "Invalid phone number". I figured out that it doesn't like the second digit of my number (after the country code) to be zero (e.g. +852 3012 3456), even though that is the number I have and it's live.

I opened a high-priority ticket last week, but so far no help...

• 8.  RE: Calling Party Number not working

GENESYS
    Posted 05-09-2018 15:45
    Edited by George Ganahl 05-09-2018 16:24
    I have an External Trunk with the following setting:
    Name and Address setting on external trunk
    I have the Calling Party Name and Calling Party Number set at the queue level.

When I place a call on behalf of the queue, the name and number set on the queue show up on the remote phone.

I am using a SIP trunk, no gateway involved between the Edge and the receiving end of the call.

George Ganahl
    Genesys

• 9.  RE: Calling Party Number not working

GENESYS
    Posted 05-09-2018 16:25
    So, the settings are working as intended, as far as I can tell.

Back to my original statements of ensuring the telco or whatever you are connecting to is set up to receive the custom Calling Party Name/Calling Party Number.

You might do a Wireshark capture on the outbound side of the edge to see what it is sending (or look at the trace logs from the edge). If using a gateway to connect to E1, T1, or ISDN, then check the gateway logs to see what it is receiving, and what it is sending to the digital interface.

George Ganahl
    Genesys

• 10.  RE: Calling Party Number not working

Posted 05-10-2018 14:28
    thanks for the discussion. I only removed the Calling Party Name at the trunk level, should I remove name and Address, so whatever I wanted in Queue level appears on remote phone?

Ly Tran
    Cardinal Health 5, LLC

• 11.  RE: Calling Party Number not working

GENESYS
    Posted 05-10-2018 15:28
    Yes, try removing both the Calling Party Name and Calling Party Number.

When I populate those fields on my trunk, the setting on the queue is ignored.

George Ganahl
    Genesys

• 12.  RE: Calling Party Number not working

Posted 02-19-2020 12:43
    Hi George,

I am also facing similar issue where I am not able to display my calling part name which I have configured at queue level. I tried all the possible combination of override method at trunk level as well.

Also as per your suggestion stated above, system is not allowing me to remove calling party number at trunk level and throwing an error stating "This field is required"

Please suggest

Anurag Gusain
    Cognizant Technology Solutions India

• 13.  RE: Calling Party Number not working

GENESYS
    Posted 02-20-2020 14:04
    I cannot tell from here what else may be going on at your site, unfortunately.

I have no problem saving the External Trunk configuration with the Address or Name fields blank as long as the Address Override Method is set to "Unassigned DID", and when set to "Unassigned DID" the Queue setting takes precedence.

You will have to open a case with Care to take a deeper look at what is going on in your situation, since they have access to more logs than you do.

George Ganahl GCP (PureCloud), ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 14.  RE: Calling Party Number not working

Posted 02-20-2020 15:13
    Hi @Anurag Gusain - It has never worked for us, displaying a different caller ID party name on a queue level. we tried it for years. Let me know if yours worked and you did anything different. ​

Ly Lim
    Cardinal Health 5, LLC

• 15.  RE: Calling Party Number not working

GENESYS
    Posted 02-20-2020 16:22
    The other thing to mention--it has to be supported by the carrier you are using. For example, if you are using a gateway with a T1 or E1 carrier trunk, you can't normally set the ANI.

So, it would be helpful to know what carrier you are using and how you are connected to that carrier (e.g., SIP Trunking carrier vs. Mediant Gateway with digital trunks vs. PureCloud Voice)

George Ganahl GCP (PureCloud), ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 16.  RE: Calling Party Number not working

Posted 02-20-2020 16:40
    We are using Pure cloud Voice

Anurag Gusain
    Cognizant Technology Solutions India

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources