Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Web Messenger- Is there a way to pass data from one state to another state in Message Flow

Posted 12-08-2021 08:57
    Hello,

In our message flow under Initial State, we use data actions to validate and get some customer information like Customer name and contact info. However when I move the flow from one state to another state, the variables I used to store those customer name and contact info does not show up. I tried using set participant data , but still it seems like the data does not pass on. Is there any workaround to get this done?

Due to this , when the agents gets the message, we see the conversation id instead of customer name under interacting in queue view. ( see attached).

TIA

Sathish Mohanakrishnan
    #Ask Me Anything (AMA)
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #DigitalChannels

------------------------------
    Sathish Mohanakrishnan
    Allscripts Healthcare Solutions Inc.

• 2.  RE: Web Messenger- Is there a way to pass data from one state to another state in Message Flow

GENESYS
    Posted 12-09-2021 06:21
    Hello đź‘‹ 

What do you mean by "when I move the flow from one state to another state"? Depending on what you are trying to achieve:
    1. Participant Data would persist within the flow, that should work.
    2. If you are just trying to qualify end-users and show their name to agent, then you need to A) Create a Contact B) Get CommunicationID associated to current Conversation and C) Associate Contact #A with Conversation #B using CommunicationID. All of this can happen via Data Actions using corresponding API from External Contacts (you are basically performing same sequence that happens when Agent manually creates and associates Contact).
    ​​
    3. What you see in Queue Activity is probably unrelated from what you need: it is showing an internal conversation identifier (will follow-up separately).

Thanks,
    Angelo

Angelo Cicchitto
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Web Messenger- Is there a way to pass data from one state to another state in Message Flow

Posted 12-09-2021 11:13
    Hi Angelo,

I think I got why I was not able to pass variable from one state to another state as I was trying to pass state.var1 instead of flow.var. Jim  Crespino helped me in another thread. How I am not sure why the system is showing an internal conversation id instead of customer name.

Sathish Mohanakrishnan

• 4.  RE: Web Messenger- Is there a way to pass data from one state to another state in Message Flow

GENESYS
    Posted 12-09-2021 11:37
    Sathish,

You see the conversation id instead of the visitor name because no external contact is associated with that web message.  The agent can do this manually today in the UI and once they associate it then it will start showing the visitor's name.  If you want to lookup the visitor in the message flow then you'll have to use a few Genesys Cloud Data Actions to first lookup the external contact by an email address (or some other identifier) and then a second data action to associate that external contact to the "customer" participant on the conversation.  I assume that a future feature enhancement to web messaging will make it easier to do this, but for right now that is the only way that I know of to make that work.

Jim Crespino
    Senior Director, Developer Evangelism
    Genesys
    https://developer.genesys.com

• 5.  RE: Web Messenger- Is there a way to pass data from one state to another state in Message Flow

GENESYS
    Posted 12-09-2021 11:04
    Sathish,

Make sure in Architect that you are "scoping" your variables properly.  Any variable with a name like "State.var1" will only be visible in the current state, i.e. it will not pass from state to state.  Any variable named "Flow.var1" will be visible throughout the flow regardless of state.  If you've defined a variable already but it is scoped wrong or has the wrong type then you can alter that under the Resources->Data area and opening up the properties for the variable.

Jim Crespino
    Senior Director, Developer Evangelism
    Genesys
    https://developer.genesys.com

• 6.  RE: Web Messenger- Is there a way to pass data from one state to another state in Message Flow

Posted 12-09-2021 11:23
    Hi Jim,

This was really helpful. I was wondering why I am not able to send any data from one state to another. now it is clear and Iam able to pass data using flow.var.

Sathish Mohanakrishnan

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources