Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  WFM Time off - daily length?

Posted 09-21-2020 04:12
    Not sure I'm understanding what the daily length option is for when agents request time-off.  If they select full day, I'm assume that the length/hours is irrelevant  If not a full day then yes, I see why they'd be able to select x number of hours starting at x time.

So why exactly do you need to specify the daily length in hours if you've already selected full day?
    #Ask Me Anything (AMA)
    #PlatformAdministration
    #QualityManagement
    #SystemAdministration
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 2.  RE: WFM Time off - daily length?

GENESYS
    Posted 09-22-2020 10:31
    So the correct number of hours, especially for those activity codes that count as paid hours, are attributed.

Jay Langsford
    Senior Director, Workforce Optimization Engineering

• 3.  RE: WFM Time off - daily length?

Posted 09-22-2020 16:36
    When adding a full day off from within the schedule the request has a default length of 8hrs, whereas the agents schedule for that day will most likely be a different length of time. The agents shift gets replaced by the hours of leave you request, which alters their working hours in the schedule.

On that note, would it be possible to have this function changed to pick up the scheduled hours of the agent so that we don't have to change the hours on every request?

Andrew Doller
    Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Australia Pty Ltd

• 4.  RE: WFM Time off - daily length?

GENESYS
    Posted 09-22-2020 16:52

Enhancement requests can be raised here: https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/

Time off requests can be entered by agents on days where there are no schedules (i.e., one hasn't been generated/published). Someone might suggest we look at the agent's work plan, but a day could have variable shift lengths configured. It is also possible the agent may request a different amount of paid time (e.g., they only want to take 4h paid time for a full-day time off request). So, the enhancement you noted has some complexities that would need to be thought through.

Jay Langsford
    Senior Director, Workforce Optimization Engineering

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources