Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Delete someone from your organization_why does it last in Purecloud?

Posted 07-30-2020 00:14
    Hi,

Recently, I "Bulk Import" a list of people to my Org, and then I had to delete that list of people because I needed to update some of their information.

After I deleted it and tried to upload an updated list of the same people's information(name and phone numbers...).

Then I had an unknown error in creating person. Please refer to the below.

So, I restored all the deleted users to active state and did Bulk Import with "Update existing people" box checked.
    And this time I can upload the updated list of people without any problem.

My question is, even though I deleted people, why do that deleted people still exist in the Pure Cloud?
    And how long does that deleted people's information exist? 

I spent a lot of time to figure out to solve this issue because I did not know even though I deleted people, that people's information still exists in PureCloud preventing in creating the same people's information in PureCloud.

I will appreciate your answer regarding this!

Regards,
    Monica

#PlatformAdministration

------------------------------
    Monica Hong
    Ubicus

• 2.  RE: Delete someone from your organization_why does it last in Purecloud?

Posted 09-10-2020 05:06
    Hi Monica,

You may need at some point to run reports and include filters such as "Deleted Users":

If you really want to completely remove deleted users, I think you can send a request to the Customer Care team.

Paulo Mesquita
    Spark NZ Trading

• 3.  RE: Delete someone from your organization_why does it last in Purecloud?

Posted 09-14-2020 07:56
    Hello Monica,

Recently i faced this kind of issue when i was doing the bulk import. you might have aborted the operation with out completing it to upload all the contacts, when you cancel the operation, this kind of errors occur.

Even when you add departments and divisions to the .csv file and abort it in the middle. all the contacts are already there in the cloud with the information uploaded before you clicked cancel.

So this could be the reason as the previous data is conflicting with new data so updating them has resolved this issue.

Hope its clear

Teja Darbha
    Jathwa Technology Solutions
    teja.darbha@jathwa.com
    Riyadh Saudi Arabia

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources