Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Screen Recording in Citrix

Posted 05-04-2020 03:04
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone able to successfully setup Screen Recording in Citrix environment successfully.

Agent currently is login PureCloud using PureCloud Desktop app from their WYSE terminal's Citrix Desktop, No issue with call recordings, just they decided to add the screen recording feature into, but couldn't make it works even tried many ways.

From the resource center,(https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/purecloud-ports-services/) knowing that those required ports for screen recording.

Transport/Port (Application) Destination Description

tcp/3478 (STUN)

udp/3478 (STUN)

tcp/19302 (STUN)

udp/19302 (STUN)

PureCloud, Amazon AWS

Google*

Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN) is an egress connection that informs a host of its public IP address used for media-based communications.
    udp/49152–65535 (SRTP) PureCloud, Amazon AWS The secured transmission of streaming media (audio and video).
    Besides these, no other details specified.

Customer networks & firewall checked and confirmed no blocking of any TCP / UDP ports but still failed.

However, tried outside the WYSE terminal environment, it works, so it sounds no blocking on their network layer.

Does anyone know what else needed to make the screen recording works in a Citrix environment?

#QualityManagement

------------------------------
    Johnson Lu

• 2.  RE: Screen Recording in Citrix

GENESYS
    Posted 05-04-2020 18:34
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/purecloud-requirements/

PureCloud screen recording

Genesys does not currently support screen recording in VDI configurations.

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Screen Recording in Citrix

Posted 05-04-2020 21:59
    Hi, George,

Thanks for your reply.

I do notice the URL and not supported, however, I would like to find out technically what is the bottom-neck of this limitation.

Is this due to some services does not exist in Citrix environment that Screen Recording required or some local resources failed to work in Citrix environment?

Or some other limitation in Citrix environment? 

May you advise

Best regards,

Johnson

Johnson Lu
    MFE International Pte Ltd.

• 4.  RE: Screen Recording in Citrix

Posted 05-05-2020 02:41
    Probably not the same thing but I've successfully had another screen recording solution deployed under Citrix.  The issue with that was in getting the screen recording service to correctly run and start under the proper user context at login.  So this may have to do with how the screen recording functionality of the Desktop client is run/spawned.

Having said that I haven't looked at anything about how it actually works with Genesys Cloud so I can only assume that maybe something runs under the Computer/System context rather than the user meaning it can't differentiate between sessions.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 5.  RE: Screen Recording in Citrix

Posted 05-05-2020 23:27
    Hi, Vaun McCarthy,

Thanks for the input. Good one!

I am really want to dig into more on the Computer/System context, can you advise any good tools to use?

I have tried Wireshark, however, I couldn't find any blocking, also firewall end also checked no traffic or packet dropped. 

Thanks

Johnson Lu
    MFE International Pte Ltd.

• 6.  RE: Screen Recording in Citrix

GENESYS
    Posted 05-05-2020 10:14
    I only know that it is being looked at for possible implementation. @Lesley Vereen can probably add more insight.​

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources