Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  limit role assignment

Posted 04-19-2020 09:59
    I need to grant users access to create, edit users, Add and remove Queues and Skills and assign certain roles to users with only access to People in Admin.
    i have this working but the users has access to to Edit the actual Queues and can assign any role to new users.

is there a way to only allow to assign specific roles and not have access to other roles?
    #Security

------------------------------
    Reginald Sheraton
    Bytes Systems Integration a Division of Altron

• 2.  RE: limit role assignment

Posted 04-19-2020 18:53
    You should create specific roles to allow only the permissions you need for those users.  My experience is that most roles are applied with least restrictive rules, so any role that allows them access will override others.  It is important not to change the permissions on the default roles as your permission assignments can be overwritten if there are updates to that default role in the future.  Better to copy the default role and then assign or unassign the permission you want in that new role.   For a comprehensive list of permissions, click here https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/products-roles-and-permissions-list/

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: limit role assignment

Posted 04-20-2020 01:54
    Thank you for your response, but if you read what exactly i questioned, you will see that i have done all you mention.
    the question is, when allowing Admins to add roles, can you restrict which Roles they have access to, for example, i dont want them to able to assign the default admin role.

Reginald Sheraton

• 4.  RE: limit role assignment

GENESYS
    Posted 04-20-2020 08:45
    Hi Reginald,

I see your question is: "when allowing Admins to add roles, can you restrict which Roles they have access to?" The answer is, no. If an admin can assign roles, then the admin can assign any role that exists.

Anthony Alford
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: limit role assignment

Posted 04-20-2020 08:54
    Thanks for you feedback, i have implemented a work around by assigning roles to Groups, so when assigning user to a "Admin group" they will adapt the custom roles assigned to that group, when assigning users to "Agent Group" they will adapt the custom roles assigned to that group and have removed the access to roles

Reginald Sheraton

• 6.  RE: limit role assignment

GENESYS
    Posted 04-20-2020 08:59
    You're welcome!

Anthony Alford
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources