Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

User receives Aw, Snap Chrome error when making or receiving a call with headset

• 1.  User receives Aw, Snap Chrome error when making or receiving a call with headset

Posted 05-08-2020 23:31
    Hello,

I have a customer who is having a very strange issue with one agent. This agent is remote, using the newest version of chrome, and using a Jabra headset with the required software and extension.

The problem they are running into, is that chrome will display an Aw, Snap! error when they make or receive a call when using a custom WebRTC profile in chrome that has the jabra headset configured.

Aw Snap

Using the "Use Computer Settings" options works fine.

This was working as recently as yesterday. We've tried rebooting, reinstalling chrome, reinstalling Jabra extension, running PureCloud in incognito, and more. No known changes.

I have a ticket opened, but I'm hoping someone has run into something like this before. If you have, please let me know how you addressed it.

@Stephan Keim please let me know if you have any ideas

Thanks,​
    #Telephony
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Daniel McLeod
    Qsect LLC

• 2.  RE: User receives Aw, Snap Chrome error when making or receiving a call with headset

Posted 05-11-2020 23:56
    Looks like some incompatibility with the device selection and the Jabra software.  Try disabling the software and choosing the device directly in a profile.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: User receives Aw, Snap Chrome error when making or receiving a call with headset

Posted 05-12-2020 09:26
    Hi Robert,

We tried that and just about everything else we could think of. The issue would not occur if you just selected the microphone for the headset and left the output as the defaults. Removing the puck and switching to audio in via 3.5mm jack resolved it also. This just seems like a bizarre one off and they swapped the users equipment to prevent this from happening.

Thanks,

Daniel McLeod
    Qsect LLC

• 4.  RE: User receives Aw, Snap Chrome error when making or receiving a call with headset

Posted 05-18-2020 18:13
    I'm getting reports of this Aw snap thing happening more frequently in the last week and on people that don't have any headset software installed at all, and not just when they're on a call.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 5.  RE: User receives Aw, Snap Chrome error when making or receiving a call with headset

Posted 05-18-2020 18:18
    Are you using the sound profiles for the users?

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    robertwc@avtex.com

• 6.  RE: User receives Aw, Snap Chrome error when making or receiving a call with headset

Posted 05-18-2020 18:22
    Mixture of both.  I've been creating profiles for some user's who have had audio (one-way) issues but the two this morning that reported it neither of them had a separate profile and were using Computer Settings.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 7.  RE: User receives Aw, Snap Chrome error when making or receiving a call with headset

Posted 05-18-2020 18:38
    I have found that using the profiles is a surefire way of making sure the correct device is chosen and does not count on Windows choosing the correct one.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    robertwc@avtex.com

• 8.  RE: User receives Aw, Snap Chrome error when making or receiving a call with headset

Posted 05-18-2020 18:45
    @Vaun McCarthy I've only seen this happen once and it was related to the headset and happened on every call. If you are seeing this happen intermittently, I would go through the recommended Chrome troubleshooting steps. It seems like most of the time these errors are related to memory usage. You might want to start there. It could be a freak thing like what I was seeing, but I would not assume that's the case.

Thanks,​

Daniel McLeod
    Qsect LLC

• 9.  RE: User receives Aw, Snap Chrome error when making or receiving a call with headset

Posted 05-19-2020 18:22
    I have to say I'm getting a lot of out of memory Aw Snaps this week, particularly when the tab is sitting on a queue view or schedule view and idle for a while. 

I don't make or receive calls via Cloud. I haven't changed anything in the configurations, and had no issues like this last week.

Andrew Doller
    Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Australia Pty Ltd

• 10.  RE: User receives Aw, Snap Chrome error when making or receiving a call with headset

Posted 05-19-2020 18:45

Hi Andrew, yes seems to be the same symptom as us.  Wonder if it's specific to APAC but I know there's some NZ guys on here too that so far haven't mentioned it.

Have you raised a case to Genesys yourself on it?

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 11.  RE: User receives Aw, Snap Chrome error when making or receiving a call with headset

Posted 05-19-2020 21:52
    No, haven't raised a case as yet.

We talk to our provider CVT tomorrow so will bring it up with them.

Andrew Doller

• 12.  RE: User receives Aw, Snap Chrome error when making or receiving a call with headset

Posted 05-19-2020 19:05
    We are also seeing the Aw, Snap! errors this week for a handful of staff.

We are located in APAC and have not located the source of this issue; no headset or configuration changes have been made this week.

Decided not to raise a Genesys ticket because for now, the issue doesn't seem widespread

Tony Marcic
    Fair Work Ombudsman

• 13.  RE: User receives Aw, Snap Chrome error when making or receiving a call with headset

Posted 05-20-2020 06:13
    We are also getting users intermittently report the Aw, Snap! error this week, have never had this reported in the past.  Our orgs are not in APAC.

Braiden Woodward
    Foehn Ltd.

• 14.  RE: User receives Aw, Snap Chrome error when making or receiving a call with headset

Posted 05-20-2020 10:13
    Does it appear that the views are consuming more memory? What are the specs on these machines?

If this does not appear to be a memory issue, then you should all open tickets. If the view changes recently implemented are causing some sort of memory leak, then Genesys should be looking into this. I'm not saying that is the case, just thinking of a worst case scenario.

Thanks,

Daniel McLeod
    Qsect LLC

• 15.  RE: User receives Aw, Snap Chrome error when making or receiving a call with headset

Posted 05-23-2020 10:48
    We are seeing it intermittently in North America area.  I have opened a case as our local IT has done extensive troubleshooting on the machines and cannot find issue on their end.  Thinking this may be a Genesys issue.  Hopefully they will get back to me soon.

Scott McCann
    Rite Aid

• 16.  RE: User receives Aw, Snap Chrome error when making or receiving a call with headset

Posted 05-25-2020 16:02
    We are also getting users intermittently report the Aw, Snap! error since last week

Muhammad Zubair
    Alberta Health Services

• 17.  RE: User receives Aw, Snap Chrome error when making or receiving a call with headset

Posted 05-26-2020 21:04
    I happened to get this on my own machine earlier today after it had been sitting idle for a while.  Just seconds prior to it crashing I happened to have had Task Manager open and noticed Chrome and it's various spawned instances was sitting about almost 7GB RAM being used and was bouncing around the 50% CPU mark as well.  Seems there's definitely some performance/leak issue here.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 18.  RE: User receives Aw, Snap Chrome error when making or receiving a call with headset

Posted 05-26-2020 21:14
    I've found that if I leave a queue activity view running, the memory use for that tab keeps creeping up until it breaks.

Andrew Doller

• 19.  RE: User receives Aw, Snap Chrome error when making or receiving a call with headset

Posted 05-26-2020 21:17
    Is this happening on the queues activity view exclusively or just general usage of PureCloud?

Thanks,
    Daniel McLeod

Daniel McLeod
    Qsect LLC

• 20.  RE: User receives Aw, Snap Chrome error when making or receiving a call with headset

Posted 05-26-2020 21:18
    You may be on to something there Andrew - in most cases with us it's people that would be monitoring the Queue Activity view as well - which is what I had open myself in the background.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 21.  RE: User receives Aw, Snap Chrome error when making or receiving a call with headset

Posted 05-26-2020 23:14
    You can replicate this if you leave the Queues Activity view running and watch the Chrome Task Manager (rather than the Windows one).  It will show you quite clearly that tab is continually consuming memory.  Mine got up to almost the 7GB mark again and then choked.  I've got 32GB RAM in this machine or it would have caused a bunch of other problems too.  In a quick test now it went up about 200MB more just by sitting idle for a minute.  Extrapolate that out over 10 minutes and you're already chewing up another 2GB

I've raised my own case to Genesys as well.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 22.  RE: User receives Aw, Snap Chrome error when making or receiving a call with headset

Posted 05-27-2020 01:48
    Edited by Paulo Mesquita do not use 05-27-2020 01:50
    We also have reports of this issue.

Every time there is an auto refresh or we manually refresh the page it increments 40,000K.

Paulo Mesquita
    Spark NZ Trading

• 23.  RE: User receives Aw, Snap Chrome error when making or receiving a call with headset

Posted 05-27-2020 22:22
    I was hoping this would just magically be fixed in the new version, but I was able to replicate this today too.

I'm going to open a ticket as well.

Thanks,​​

Daniel McLeod
    Qsect LLC

• 24.  RE: User receives Aw, Snap Chrome error when making or receiving a call with headset

Posted 05-28-2020 01:45
    Hi Paulo, out of curiosity have you looked into whether this happens in My Queues Activity as well with your users?  I tried to get a Genesys Care person to replicate it last night but supposedly an hour later it was still fine for them.  So I'm guessing it's load driven and even more so if you're getting auto-refreshing data for a number of fairly active queues.  Genesys probably tested with one of their own dev orgs with little or no traffic going through it.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 25.  RE: User receives Aw, Snap Chrome error when making or receiving a call with headset

Posted 05-31-2020 01:17
    Edited by Paulo Mesquita do not use 06-01-2020 00:49
    Hi Vaun,

It seems to be OK today.

I will try to replicate again during the week.

Paulo Mesquita
    Spark NZ Trading

• 26.  RE: User receives Aw, Snap Chrome error when making or receiving a call with headset

Posted 06-11-2020 09:39
    Support said a fix was pushed out on the 3rd. I didn't have this particular issue with a customer reported until after that.

I was just able to replicate this with a video and will be uploading it to my ticket.

Is anyone else experiencing this still?

Thanks,

Daniel McLeod
    Qsect LLC

• 27.  RE: User receives Aw, Snap Chrome error when making or receiving a call with headset

Posted 06-11-2020 23:34
    The fix worked for some users but we also received new reports from other customers this week.

Paulo Mesquita
    Spark NZ Trading

• 28.  RE: User receives Aw, Snap Chrome error when making or receiving a call with headset

Posted 06-11-2020 09:42
    For anyone that comes across this issue and it's related to my original post with a headset, we found that the Jabra headset and a particular lenovo thinkpad have some sort of conflict. If you leave the built in audio as the default output device. If any other device is selected, this issue does not occur.

Thanks,

Daniel McLeod
    Qsect LLC

• 29.  RE: User receives Aw, Snap Chrome error when making or receiving a call with headset

Posted 06-11-2020 23:42
    I still suspect when Genesys dev/care are checking and testing this they're not monitoring a high call volume/number of queues and potentially not watching for long enough.  I had also thought it had been resolved but earlier today I had that tab not focussed for about 2 hours, finally went back to it and it was down to a crawl using about 5 GB RAM.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 30.  RE: User receives Aw, Snap Chrome error when making or receiving a call with headset

Posted 06-12-2020 09:14
    In the ticket I have open, they said the fix that was pushed is for the queues activity summary, not the queues activity detail view. They said dev was able to reproduce this and they are working on a fix.

Thanks,

Daniel McLeod
    Qsect LLC

• 31.  RE: User receives Aw, Snap Chrome error when making or receiving a call with headset

Posted 06-17-2020 08:33
    I received an update from support saying that dev is working on a hot fix and ETA is by 6/23.

Thanks,

Daniel McLeod
    Qsect LLC

• 32.  RE: User receives Aw, Snap Chrome error when making or receiving a call with headset

Posted 09-03-2020 17:11
    Anybody had this reported since this fix was supposed to have been released?

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 33.  RE: User receives Aw, Snap Chrome error when making or receiving a call with headset

Posted 09-10-2020 03:20
    Hi Vaun,

I had a look at my notes, this was resolved in the beginning of July.

Paulo Mesquita
    Spark NZ Trading

• 34.  RE: User receives Aw, Snap Chrome error when making or receiving a call with headset

Posted 09-10-2020 03:50
    Thanks, that's what I thought.  Got one or two users that this still keeps happening with.  Seems to go on occasionally in Firefox too.  Still the pattern seems to be from watching performance views on queues or My Activity.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources