Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Oauth for Salesforce Integration

Posted 06-15-2021 04:28
    Good morning to everyone,
    I have a question for my last project. Actually we are configuring the intrêgration beetween Salesforce and Genesys PureCloud and we also need to configure the synchronize between genesys PureCloud statuses and omni-channel statuses. To do this topic we need to implement the Oauth from genesys cloud for Salesforce. 
    My question is: what type of Oauth we need to use to complete this task? because we tried with Client Credential Grant type and Implicit Grant (browser) with no result.
    Thank you in advance for your answers.
    Best regards,
    #Integrations
    #Security

------------------------------
    Pietro Messina
    TechneValue GmbH
    Junior Consultant
    pietro.messina@technevalue.com

• 2.  RE: Oauth for Salesforce Integration

Posted 06-15-2021 05:09
    Hi Pietro,

We've done multiple API integration projects with different OAuth types.
    To get more information about development I highly recommend to use this resource https://developer.genesys.cloud/forum/
    About GC OAuth types, it depends on your scenario. Here you can find more information https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/create-an-oauth-client/

Client Credential and Implicit Grant (browser) completely different approaches.
    From you description it seems like you need to use Client Credential. What kind of problem you have with Client Credential? Can you provide more details.

Taras Buha
    taras@noralogix.com
    www.noralogix.com

• 3.  RE: Oauth for Salesforce Integration

Posted 06-15-2021 05:17
    Hi Taras,
    Like I wrote before, we tried with the client credential but when we provided the Client ID and the Client Secret to Salesforce and we clicked OK the system did nothing.
    On this case and with my past experience, when happen this situation: or the Oauth type is wrong or the Credential(ID, Secret) are wrong. the second point isn't possible because we copied and pasted it directly from PureCloud. Do you have some ideas about this situation?
    Thank you in advance.

Pietro Messina
    TechneValue GmbH
    Junior Consultant
    pietro.messina@technevalue.com

• 4.  RE: Oauth for Salesforce Integration

Posted 06-17-2021 03:59
    Hi Pietro,

Probably you are missing some permissions.
    Here is documentation for Salesforce https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/configure-authentication/

Taras Buha
    taras@noralogix.com
    www.noralogix.com

• 5.  RE: Oauth for Salesforce Integration

GENESYS
    Posted 06-18-2021 08:38
    You don't need to configure Oauth in order to use the status synchronization portion of the Genesys Cloud for Salesforce integration.  It's part of the core Call Center Configuration, none of which requires setting up an Oauth Client.

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources