Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Might be a taboo question on Slack and Purecloud integration?

Posted 10-15-2019 23:29
    Hi All

I might be asking a taboo question but anyone know if you can integrate Purecloud and Slack or other platforms like google hangouts?
    I was thinking maybe via a custom 3rd party integration
    #DigitalChannels
    #Integrations
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface
    #PlatformAdministration
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    3 Years Purecloud

• 2.  RE: Might be a taboo question on Slack and Purecloud integration?

GENESYS
    Posted 10-16-2019 09:16
    The short answer...

https://help.mypurecloud.com/faq/can-connect-third-party-chat-clients-purecloud-chat/
     (No)

George Ganahl GCP (PureCloud) ICCE CCXP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Might be a taboo question on Slack and Purecloud integration?

GENESYS
    Posted 10-17-2019 08:41
    You can do something custom using the API. There are a few different approaches -
    Typically we see similar notifications on a per group basis. Essentially you need to 1) monitor a PureCloud group and then send messages across to the 3rd party system 2) when there are messages generated by the 3rd party system post them in the group.

We actually use 2 a lot internally. I'm not sure of 1. Technically it can be done but a lot of the communication in a group are resolved in the group. 

There are other options like putting it in a window in PureCloud but this is really just a separate app in an app. It can speed access but there is no synergy.

I would be interested in understand more about the use case. I have seen other customers use Slack, Teams, etc. and they always need to pivot out of PureCloud to do this (we to have Skype for Business and are working on Teams updates..). When I have inquired about these other tools the response has been - that is the broader corporate direction.

Don Huovinen
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: Might be a taboo question on Slack and Purecloud integration?

GENESYS
    Posted 10-17-2019 10:30
    Hi Darryn - would you feel comfortable adding an idea to the PureCloud Ideas Lab with some of the rational/explanation for why you'd like to integrate with Slack?

Trey Buck
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources