Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Skill based routing

Posted 01-06-2022 14:06
    Hello All,

I have a requirement where I need to target either 'skill A' or 'skill B' for an interaction. In transfer to action block, under ACD skills system does not allow me to add an expression with 'or' operation.

can anyone suggest to me the way to achieve it?
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Shiva Gupta
    Global Technology Solutions, LLC

• 2.  RE: Skill based routing

GENESYS
    Posted 01-06-2022 14:41
    Could you create a skill C that includes all agents with A or B and use that in your transfer?

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Skill based routing

Posted 01-06-2022 16:57
    Hi Melissa,

That's not possible for me as sometimes the combination is Skill A and C and sometimes Skill C and Z

Shiva Gupta
    Global Technology Solutions, LLC

• 4.  RE: Skill based routing

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 01-06-2022 20:30
    Hi Shiva

Think your question is the same or similar to another topic previously posted
    I suggest you take a read through there.

But "or" won't work in an expression for skill selection since "or" is a logical expression
    In an expression, A or B results in a boolean value (true or false) not in an A or B value.

In Genesys CX, calls go to a Queue, and skills restrict who in that queue is eligible for that call. Eg do they have the right Language skill or knowledge to take that call. 
    Calls can only be in 1 queue at a time. So in this model you wouldn't have a call go to someone with knowledge on sales or tech support, but one or the other. 
    Bullseye routing lets you remove skills requirements after x time length, but still doesn't give you the OR capability, but the closest thing that is similar.

Anton Vroon
    KiwiBank

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources