Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Workforce Management

Posted 03-03-2021 04:32
    Hello Dears, 
    I have a question related to WFM cloud 
    in the workplans 
    if the contact center working 24/7 
    and the agent work daily 8 hours , 2 days off 
    that's mean in the workplan I don't need optional days as the agent will work during the 7 days

how can I set the workplan as when I set the weekly paid time 40 hour and didn't select any optional day I got waring message.
    #Implementation

------------------------------
    menna ibrahim
    IST Egypt

• 2.  RE: Workforce Management

Posted 03-04-2021 04:02
    Hi Menna,

Is the error you are getting something like "Total required days of 7 in daily shifts is greater than configured weekly maximum of 5" or "Total minimum paid time of 56 hour(s) across daily shifts is greater than maximum weekly paid time of 40 hour(s)"?

If so and you have all seven days selected as Work Days, I think you need to set at least some days under "Optional Days in Work Plan" - otherwise the scheduler can't schedule any days off.

Ramon Szeitszam
    Spark New Zealand

• 3.  RE: Workforce Management

GENESYS
    Posted 03-04-2021 07:02
    Edited by Jay Langsford 03-04-2021 08:03
    Your scenario is possible. Basically mark which days are required (meaning they must be scheduled) and which are optional, then set min/max scheduled days per week constraint appropriately (each to 5 in the scenario you mentioned). At least two days during the week must be optional since your desire is to have two days off. Two optional days for your example would give exactly one possible work day pattern; starting at three optional days and four required would allow 3 possible work day patterns; four optional and three required would allow 6 possible work day patterns; etc.

For those into math:

n!/(r!(n-r)!)
    n = number of optional days
    r = how many optional days must be scheduled

5 days required; 2 days optional (2 choose 0) => 2!/(0!(2-0)!) = 1 work day pattern
    4 days required; 3 days optional (3 choose 1) => 3!/(1!(3-1)!) = 3 work day patterns
    3 days required; 4 days optional (4 choose 2) => 4!/(2!(4-2)!) = 6 work day patterns
    2 days required; 5 days optional (5 choose 3) => 5!/(3!(5-3)!) = 10 work day patterns
    1 days required; 6 days optional (6 choose 4) => 6!/(4!(6-4)!) = 15 work day patterns
    0 days required; 7 days optional (7 choose 5) => 7!/(5!(7-5)!) = 21 work day patterns

Jay Langsford
    Senior Director, Workforce Optimization Engineering

• 4.  RE: Workforce Management

Posted 03-07-2021 09:54
    Hello Jay, 
    thanks for your replay, can you check the attached as when I selected 2 optional days, all agent took the days off on the optional days which selected.
    all agent took the days off on Friday and Saturday
    I select the optional days on Friday and Saturday and when i generate the schedule all agent took days off on the optional days

menna ibrahim
    IST Egypt

• 5.  RE: Workforce Management

GENESYS
    Posted 03-07-2021 12:25
    Edited by Jay Langsford 03-07-2021 12:40
    That is entirely expected given the scenario you presented.

5 days required and 2 fixed days optional where the days required have no flex in terms of min/max paid time will of course result in the 5 required days always being scheduled and the 2 fixed optional days never being scheduled. You've basically told the scheduling engine to 'spend' all of the paid time on the 5 required days. Required means 'must be scheduled on this day' and optional means 'may or may not be scheduled on this day'. Scheduling an agent on say Sat would violate the maximum paid time and maximum work days for the week as configured. The scheduling engine couldn't say schedule someone on Sat and not on Tue because you have indicated Tue is a required day.

Again: 5 days required; 2 days optional (2 choose 0) => 2!/(0!(2-0)!) = 1 work day pattern - this 1 work day pattern is what you are getting.

Want agents to have differing days off? Then you need to mark more than 2 days as optional. Three optional days will allow three patterns, four optional days, six patterns, etc.

I'd also add that even if you configure the work plan to be more flexible, Fri and Sat might not have any scheduled agents if there is no forecast need.

Jay Langsford

• 6.  RE: Workforce Management

Posted 03-08-2021 03:52
    Hello Jay, 
    Thanks for your support , working now. But I have another question the agents takes separated off how can I give them continues days off

menna ibrahim
    IST Egypt

• 7.  RE: Workforce Management

GENESYS
    Posted 03-08-2021 07:44

Use the 'Minimum Rest Hours Per Week' constraint to get consecutive days off.

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/about-workforce-management/

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/set-up-the-work-plans-weekly-configuration/

Besides our resource center (and if something isn't clear use the built-in functionality in the resource center (Was this article helpful? question at the bottom) to inform us), I'd recommend looking into training options or engaging our Performance Consultants group.

Jay Langsford

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources