Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Agent status not updating properly

• 1.  Agent status not updating properly

Posted 03-06-2019 17:15
    We have agents who go into Idle status upon logout. It started with a couple of agents a few weeks ago, but it seems many agents' statuses are now affected. Our supervisors keep having to update the status so this won't impact our service levels. Here a couple of examples:
    See highlighted differences

I had raised support case #0002482911​ but have not received a solution so far. Anyone else have this issue?
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Sven Schiller
    Kognitiv

• 2.  RE: Agent status not updating properly

Posted 03-06-2019 18:16
    Yes, I got the same issue. Some people are on-queue, but their status are available or offline.

wrong status

Wen Gu
    SITA SCARL- Switzerland Branch

• 3.  RE: Agent status not updating properly

Posted 03-07-2019 11:14
    Also affected by this, case raised with customer care over a week ago.

Braiden Woodward
    Foehn Ltd.

• 4.  RE: Agent status not updating properly

Posted 03-07-2019 11:28
    We have two customers that are experiencing this also. We do have a case with Genesys open as well.

Angelia Harper
    Avtex

• 5.  RE: Agent status not updating properly

GENESYS
    Posted 03-07-2019 12:09

Hi all,
    My team has been trying to replicate this scenario in our test environments for several days, but we haven't had much luck yet.  I'm trying to pull all of these cases together so that we can do a more holistic analysis.  I have @Sven Schiller and @Braiden Woodward's cases, but if @Angelia Harper and @Wen Gu can also send me your case numbers via DM so that I don't miss any, that will save me some time.

We're also looking for ​the cases to have console & network logs attached when the incident is occurring, and a video capture if at all possible (and you haven't already provided it).  It will help streamline the troubleshooting as we tie all of these together.

Thanks!

​​​​

Chrissy Linzy
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: Agent status not updating properly

Posted 03-07-2019 12:38
    Hi Linzy... this is where for my part I now throw this comment <g class="gr_ gr_49 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="49" data-gr-id="49">in to</g> the mix<g class="gr_ gr_65 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation multiReplace" id="65" data-gr-id="65">....</g> I have now heard so many times from the support team that they have been trying to replicate the issue and cannot.. and this wastes so much <g class="gr_ gr_169 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Style multiReplace" id="169" data-gr-id="169">time .</g> Time in many cases is critical to everyone involved in the process<g class="gr_ gr_347 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Style replaceWithoutSep" id="347" data-gr-id="347">.and</g> which causes so much frustration our side destroying our confidence in such a large organisation that I believe sometimes lost the <g class="gr_ gr_1735 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation multiReplace" id="1735" data-gr-id="1735">plot..</g> WHEN the fault is there right in front of the face of the reporter. Cutting to the quick..... why oh why do you not use remote sessions to completely eradicate the delay and fudging and climb into the driving seat. You guys know where all the logs can be gleaned from and this would vastly speed up the resolution. I really look forward to hearing your reasoning against such a change to the process....this shouldn't require any voting - just in case you are tempted to tell me to stick this idea somewhere... :-)

Matt Calton
    Grove & Dean Ltd

• 7.  RE: Agent status not updating properly

GENESYS
    Posted 03-07-2019 14:16
    Hello all, Wanted to hop in here with a couple of thoughts.

1. Thanks as always for bringing your feedback and issues forward and continuing the dialogue. This thread has details on the overall initiative to improve PureCloud Customer Support. Any and all ideas for improving the experience are always welcome. Please add them to that thread to centralize the discussion.
    2. The initiative is delivering. Transactional NPS (<g class="gr_ gr_5010 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="5010" data-gr-id="5010">tNPS</g>) for PureCloud Customer Care cases is the highest in 1 year. We've done that by laying the foundation - specifically revamping the processes and organizational structure - all based on other lines of business here at Genesys which have world-class <g class="gr_ gr_4673 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="4673" data-gr-id="4673">tNPS</g> and Open Case time.
    3. You bring up two good points Matt about how to most efficiently share information at the very beginning phases of cases to ensure rapid resolution. And how to identify similar issues that come in the form of separate cases, identify if they are part of a common root cause and seamlessly communicate internally and externally around similar issues. Both of these are being addressed by the initiative.
    4. Replicating an issue is core to the discipline of determining the root cause and identifying <g class="gr_ gr_7237 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="7237" data-gr-id="7237">best</g> solution. How to do that efficiently through new technologies and methods of communication is something we will be addressing as well.
    Sincerely,
    Cass

Cass Sapir
    VP, Customer Success
    PureCloud

• 8.  RE: Agent status not updating properly

GENESYS
    Posted 03-07-2019 18:50

Hi Matt,
    Thanks for the feedback!  

Like @Cass Sapir mentioned, replicating is an important part of troubleshooting (and helps us identify if this is happening to one customer or if it could potentially affect more).  @Darryn Chang brings up a great point about the different regions, though, and this is one of the things we are also looking to improve, so that we can do this much more quickly.

As we work on the additional improvements for my team, screen sharing sessions are absolutely on my list, and it's something we're starting to utilize a bit more every week.  It's one of my favorite ways to see things, and to reduce the time cases are open, too.

​​

Chrissy Linzy
    Genesys - Employees

• 9.  RE: Agent status not updating properly

Posted 03-07-2019 14:51
    @Chrissy Linzy ​ I'm having the same issues. Agent status not updating properly and under the queue details the calls waiting/interacting is not accurate.  Case # 0002491103​

Rosalia Soto
    Mailmyprescriptions.com Pharmacy Corporation

• 10.  RE: Agent status not updating properly

Posted 03-07-2019 18:41
    @Chrissy Linzy - I reported this issue over 3 weeks ago, thought it was latency related. case ​0002478562. While i can understand your team cannot replicate the issue. I do find that support sit on alternative servers rather than the affected regions and cannot replicate.

Just today ive had to refresh my service several times to get a knowledge on whether agents had gone to break or not.

#F5Refresh is way of life

Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    2 Years Purecloud

• 11.  RE: Agent status not updating properly

GENESYS
    Posted 03-07-2019 18:54

For everyone on the thread - we have grouped these cases, and there are two separate (but similar) issues happening.  Both have been sent to our development team, and we'll be tracking their progress via the open cases.

The first scenario is an agent's status changing to another status after they've logged out.  

The second scenario is the agent's status being wrong in the dashboards, like they aren't refreshing.  

Thanks to all of you, we have some video captures of both scenarios, and the logs our developers will need to sort through these.  We'll keep you posted in your cases!

Chrissy

Chrissy Linzy
    Genesys - Employees

• 12.  RE: Agent status not updating properly

Posted 03-08-2019 01:38
    Hi Chrissy,

Why are the cases only now going to development? Our own cases have been open for 12 days and others on here have said 3 weeks.

These issues would appear to be platform level issues and therefore have a 5 business day target to restore? Or are these not platform level issues? If not can you please provided a definition for what constitutes a platform level issue.  https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/service-level-agreements/ 

Would prefer not to be difficult but we have downstream expectations to manage here.

Kind regards,

Braiden Woodward
    Foehn Ltd.

• 13.  RE: Agent status not updating properly

GENESYS
    Posted 03-08-2019 08:18

Hi @Braiden Woodward,
    I am still trying to understand the reason that it took so long to isolate what was happening in these two different instances, but I suspect that it is a combination of things.  When these reports started coming in, we were having reports of latency, and we thought these were linked (like Darryn mentioned earlier).  Then, those issues were restored, but these two issues persisted.  This is why my team asks if the issue is still happening (but they do need to be better about explaining that issue X was found and remedied, and that may have also corrected issue Y - one of the things I'm working on with them).  

The Service Level Agreements in the resource center are our targets, but when there are many changes being made that may resolve an incident, the timer "resets", for lack of a better word.  Now that dev has these two separate issues and we've eliminated them being caused by the latency issue from late February or from being the result of any of the feature releases from the last two weeks, they will be using the great info you've all provided in your cases to isolate and eliminate the cause(s).  

Asking questions like this doesn't make you difficult - it makes you a good customer, and a good advocate for your customers.  I appreciate that.  

Have a great Friday, and we'll keep you posted on the progress for these two issues!

Chrissy Linzy
    Genesys Employee
    Global Leader | PureCloud Customer Care

• 14.  RE: Agent status not updating properly

Posted 03-08-2019 02:34
    Thanks for the update and most importantly listening to, and acting upon our feedback<g class="gr_ gr_52 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation multiReplace" id="52" data-gr-id="52">....</g>

Matt Calton
    Grove & Dean Ltd

• 15.  RE: Agent status not updating properly

Posted 03-08-2019 10:09
    @Chrissy Linzy We are experiencing both issues.  ​

Rosalia Soto
    Mailmyprescriptions.com Pharmacy Corporation

• 16.  RE: Agent status not updating properly

GENESYS
    Posted 03-08-2019 13:31
    The Waiting and Interacting on the left hand side of the Queue Activity view refresh at different intervals - for example the top aggregate numbers refresh differently from the interactions lists today.  We have an improvement to deliver all those details at the same time which should help rectify what you are seeing due out in the next month.

Darlene Oordt
    Sr Director, Product Management
    Genesys - Employees

• 17.  RE: Agent status not updating properly

Posted 03-07-2019 21:40
    We also have similar cases reported - adding to this list

Meng Yong

• 18.  RE: Agent status not updating properly

GENESYS
    Posted 03-08-2019 07:45
    ​Hello Meng Yong - can you please DM me your case number so that I can make sure it is tied to one of the two open cases to development?

Chrissy Linzy
    Genesys Employee

• 19.  RE: Agent status not updating properly

GENESYS
    Posted 03-08-2019 13:29
      |   view attached
    Hello Meng Yong - 
    It is possible to have an agent interacting and also not responding depending on how you have your utilization configured in PureCloud.  In the attached example, I have defined that a chat can interrupt a Voice call which means the agent would be on their voice interaction and then be alerted for a chat, if they don't answer the chat in time, they would be set to not responding so they don't get alerted for additional interactions.   Can you confirm if you have set the ability for agents on voice calls to be offered additional interactions?  Thanks.

Darlene Oordt
    Genesys - Employees

• 20.  RE: Agent status not updating properly

GENESYS
    Posted 03-08-2019 17:08

Hi all,
    The supervisor view issue should now be resolved.  This was posted on the status page by Dev earlier today:

Resolved - A bug has been identified in the UI that may cause some users to experience supervisor views that show incorrect agent presence status visual indicators. Per row text indicators and status tally numbers at the top of the activity page remain accurate. A browser refresh of the page resolves the issue. 

We are still working the remaining issue.  Thanks!

Chrissy Linzy
    Genesys Employee

• 21.  RE: Agent status not updating properly

GENESYS
    Posted 03-08-2019 18:32
    Edited by Darlene Oordt 03-10-2019 10:09
    Regarding the status indicator being out of sync on the views.  Refreshing the browser does resolve this but there is also a release expected Monday evening that should resolve the need to refresh to get the status indicators updated.

Darlene Oordt
    Genesys - Employees

• 22.  RE: Agent status not updating properly

Posted 10-26-2021 12:58
    Hello All,

We are also having similar kind of issues since last two weeks. Agent status on SFDC widget shows onQueue while real time monitoring shows Avalable. Agent also does not receive any queue calls. May i know what was done last time to fix this up.

Rajnish Roy
    Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources