Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Group Administration

Posted 09-11-2020 05:57
    Hi All,

For new implementations of Genesys Cloud we try and use groups to apply roles to users which works well.  However we ideally require these groups to be private so that other users cannot see or communicate to these groups.

The issue we have when the groups are set to private is that you can then only view/administer these groups if you are a member.

This is a big problem if we have various system administrators on the system and they cannot then view/ make change to these groups.  I would assume a system/master admin for the system should have full access to all groups for administration?

I did create an idea for this a few years ago but there is no movement:

https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLPLA-I-564

Am I missing anything or is there any other work around for this?

Thanks Luke
    #Implementation
    #PlatformAdministration
    #Roadmap/NewFeatures
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Luke Mitchell
    Conn3ct

• 2.  RE: Group Administration

Posted 09-11-2020 06:18
    Agreed.  The only way I've managed this type of group in the past is waiting for someone who is a group owner to leave, reset their password, and login as them.  Being the owner of every group I create is a ridiculous requirement.  Especially if some are private for legitimate reasons.

Unless you're using SCIM in which case I'm not sure - does that support private groups?

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources