Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  RTP Delays

Posted 07-29-2021 09:40
    Folks,

I'm looking to see if anyone else has experienced significant delays in the playback of prompts from On-Prem edges. Our client is experiencing around an 8-12 seconds delay between the call connecting and the first audio prompt being played, this delay continues (albeit reduced to 4-5 seconds) as they progress through the call flow. Additionally they are reporting around 2-3 seconds of a delay in the RTP when customers are speaking with their users.

They use WebRTC with Geo-turn enabled, force turn disabled. The users are home based connecting to an edge located in their home country but the AWS data centre is Frankfurt.

Initially I suspected that this sounded network related however our traces see no network latency worth talking about, the device answers the call, the recording starts then 8-12 seconds later the prompt is played.

Any ideas? I have a case opened with support.

Thanks

Gordon
    #SIP/VolP
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Gordon Bell
    Sabio Ltd

• 2.  RE: RTP Delays

Posted 07-30-2021 01:56
    No, not normal at all.  What type of trunks do you have, what region are you in and where are agents located?

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: RTP Delays

Posted 08-02-2021 08:14
    We are in Frankfurt region and the end users are in Australia.

One of the lads in my team make a great suggestion. Could this be down to the delay in the Oz Edge completing a data lookup on a data table in the Frankfurt DC? Its seems plausible. Our call flow completes a number of actions before any audio is played to the customer, one of these actions is to retrieve parameters for the call flow depending on the DiD. 

Interestingly our users/call flows that are deployed for our European regions do not experience this and its the same call flow deployed.

Thoughts?

Gordon Bell
    Sabio Ltd

• 4.  RE: RTP Delays

GENESYS
    Posted 08-02-2021 09:18
    Yes. I have seen customers that have performed multiple sequential data actions within their flows and that can certainly results in delays. You would be able to quickly check by simply having an Architect flow with a few prompts and then call in to see what the experience is like. If you are still seeing delays, even when going from one prompt to another prompt, then this should be investigated by care.

Don Huovinen
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: RTP Delays

Posted 07-30-2021 03:02
    I would assume the problem is between the edge and the user (not agents). Prompts and flows are being cached on edge so if the delay is already there the connection between agents and edge shouldn't be a case here.

Kamil Burnicki

• 6.  RE: RTP Delays

GENESYS
    Posted 07-31-2021 11:05
    If the delay is with the prompts then it would sound like it is caching related or associated with fetches from the Edge to the cloud. If there was network latency in the signaling this could explain some level of delay in the call setup but wouldn't account for the on-going delay in the audio once the RTP has been established. Even if a packet traveled around the globe and back it is still pretty fast (provided no congestion/queueing of traffic). 

The other elements such as WebRTC, geo-turn, etc. would only apply to the agent leg and not a inbound call to an Architect flow. If your call flow is not around external traffic but rather internal users calling a flow then some of these items would apply but you should certainly not be seeing the latency observed.

Don Huovinen
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources