Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Call Recording - Stop call recording mid-call

• 1.  Call Recording - Stop call recording mid-call

Posted 02-22-2021 12:17
    Scenario call recording  is setup on a trunk, with "Consent Required" enabled.
    Caller accepts call recording in the call flow so call recording is started.
    When the agent answers the call, the caller requests that call recording be stopped.

Is there a way to accomplish this such that the caller does not need to call back in?

#Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Kelly Lewis
    ATC IP LLC

• 2.  RE: Call Recording - Stop call recording mid-call

Posted 02-23-2021 09:43
    Hi Kelly
    It seems like Secure Pause might meet your use case. Although it's described as more temporarily pausing recordings, the recording can stay paused for the entire interaction.

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/pause-interactions-recording-protect-sensitive-information/

Emily Kammerer
    Ascendium Education Group, Inc.

• 3.  RE: Call Recording - Stop call recording mid-call

Posted 02-24-2021 11:05
    Thank you!  Yes, I believe that will do the trick :-)

Kelly Lewis
    ATC IP LLC

• 4.  RE: Call Recording - Stop call recording mid-call

Posted 12-09-2021 11:38
    Hi @Emily Kammerer, do you know if this can be automatic depending on the spoken words during the interaction ? ​

Vincent Sabolboro
    ATB Financial

• 5.  RE: Call Recording - Stop call recording mid-call

Posted 12-09-2021 11:58
    @George Ganahl@Daniel Ho​, Does GC have a different service other than secureflow  or pausing/resume to stop recording? our business case is stop recording base on the words that has been spoken during the interaction ?

Vincent Sabolboro
    ATB Financial

• 6.  RE: Call Recording - Stop call recording mid-call

Posted 12-09-2021 15:59
    Edited by Kevin Brown 12-09-2021 16:02

Vincent, due to the current delay in transcription (20+ seconds), I think your use case is early. I can't quickly put my hands on it, but Genesys has plans for 2022 to speed this up to 5-7 seconds maximum delay. At that point, it might work for you.  Still could be dangerous based on a hiccup and your agents are fully dependent on this.

I implemented a completely different solution in Engage Cloud using the IVR where the agent walks the caller through their payment card input but the agent can't hear the digits\DTMF tones and they are not recorded.  Also, our payment screens did not show the input digits, so screen recording is fine, just see asterisks. 

I haven't had time to dive into the details of adding in a GVP instance alongside of Cloud instead of using the Cloud IVR, but believe that the customer experience is years ahead of the current secure pay call flow which reminds me of solutions I experienced twenty years ago.

Every use case has its own tweaks, so not sure how close this is to yours.

• 7.  RE: Call Recording - Stop call recording mid-call

Posted 12-09-2021 16:03
    Hi @kevin brow, thank you on your response. We implement GIA service in GEC to address the issue and we are looking for similar solution in GC​​

Vincent Sabolboro
    ATB Financial

• 8.  RE: Call Recording - Stop call recording mid-call

Posted 12-09-2021 17:16
    I think you're seeing the gap that GC has to make up to GEC in certain areas, this being one of them.  I will try to find the roadmap that mentions the transcription delay reduction target.

• 9.  RE: Call Recording - Stop call recording mid-call

Posted 12-09-2021 17:44

Hi @Kevin Brown, is this the community thread you are referring? 

https://community.genesys.com/digestviewer29/viewthread?MessageKey=8048e6e8-5b71-4691-accd-1234722f7321&CommunityKey=bab95e9c-6bbe-4a13-8ade-8ec0faf733d4&tab=digestviewer

Vincent Sabolboro
    ATB Financial

• 10.  RE: Call Recording - Stop call recording mid-call

GENESYS
    Posted 12-10-2021 10:01
    Hi Vincent,

Good to see ATB coming to the Genesys Cloud family.  Secure Flow and Secure Pause are the two current ways to interrupt a recording from continuing.  Particularly for Secure Pause, there's the Idea WEM-I-476 we've accepted to allow a non-participant to administratively pause the recording, which you will probably need in order to trigger the pause that is based on real-time transcription.  I anticipate that Idea being delivered in first half of 2022.  But as Kevin says, you will probably need Genesys Cloud transcription to improve the chunking before it becomes practical for your use case.

Note that if PCI compliance is of concern -- e.g. taking credit card numbers -- I definitely would not recommend relying on speech analytics as the primary means to stop recording Sensitive Authentication Data (SAD). Even as significant performance improvements has been made to our engines recently, speech recognition is not 100% and therefore some SAD will slip through and gets recorded which violates PCI.  We advocate Secure IVR Flow because not only it won't be recorded, the agent never gets to hear the credit card numbers which minimizes your breach surface.

Daniel Ho
    Product Line Manager – Recording and Quality Management, Genesys Cloud
    Workforce Engagement Management (WEM)

• 11.  RE: Call Recording - Stop call recording mid-call

Posted 12-10-2021 11:21
    Hi @Daniel Ho, thank you for responding to this post. We will have to analyst and come up with alternative solution to our business case. ​

Vincent Sabolboro
    ATB Financial

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources