Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Is 'Not Responding' State considered 'Off Queue'?

Posted 04-13-2021 06:59
    Hi All -

I'm testing with the Data Action 'Get Number Agents On Queue' and it seems to count an Agent as On Queue when it is in the 'Not Responding' state.

Scenario: I have an In-Queue Flow that checks 'Get Number Of Agents On Queue' check each time it loops; if the value in the variable is greater than zero, then the flow continues as normal. The purpose is to catch calls still in queue when all Agents logout or go Off Queue; however in the case of a fire alarm the Agent may not have the time to set either state, so I want to take an alternative path if all remaining Agents are set to 'Not Responding'.

However the Data Action doesn't seem to work that way :(

Any clues? Am I missing something?

Cheers,
    Mal.
    #Ask Me Anything (AMA)

------------------------------
    Thanks and regards,
    Malcolm Green
    Nexon Asia Pacific

• 2.  RE: Is 'Not Responding' State considered 'Off Queue'?

Posted 04-14-2021 02:04
    Hi again ...

Have been playing around with some options and come up with a potential solution ...

Data Action Name = Get Number Agents On Queue
    API Call = /api/v2/routing/queues/${input.PureCloudQueueID}/users?presence=ON%20QUEUE&joined=true
    Output = Task.intNumberAgentsOnQueue

Data Action Name = Get Number Agents Not Responding
    API Call = /api/v2/routing/queues/${input.PureCloudQueueID}/users?routingStatus=NOT_RESPONDING&joined=true
    Output = Task.intNumberAgentsNotResponding

The if 'On Queue' - 'Not Responding' < 1, take the alternate Flow path.

(Note: I thought about adding the outputs of multiple 'RoutingStatus' calls, but the solution above looks a bit cleaner)

Any better ideas?

Cheers,
    Mal.

Thanks and regards,
    Malcolm Green
    Nexon Asia Pacific

• 3.  RE: Is 'Not Responding' State considered 'Off Queue'?

Posted 04-14-2021 04:12
    Hi Malcolm

You mention checking the agents on queue state at each loop of the in-queue flow.  In the scenario of a fire alarm, is the emergency group being activated too, and are you also checking for that each loop?

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 4.  RE: Is 'Not Responding' State considered 'Off Queue'?

Posted 04-14-2021 04:31
    Hi Vaun -

Our thoughts are that the No Agent check requires less / no intervention (read 'automated'), although the Emergency Group would also work onc activated.

One of our team noted that the 'users' end-point in the above API call is deprecated, and the replacement ('members') may not have the same functionality, so our solution may have a limited life :/

Cheers,
    Mal.

Thanks and regards,
    Malcolm Green
    Nexon Asia Pacific

• 5.  RE: Is 'Not Responding' State considered 'Off Queue'?

Posted 04-14-2021 04:56
    Hi Mal

Probably one of those questions better over in the developer centre but:

You can replicate this function using /api/v2/analytics/queues/observations/query in your Data Action but you'll need to modify your response to grab out just the NOT_RESPONDING count.  You'll also have to move your query from the URL string parameters into the body as this is a POST which means it will need the clause\predicate syntax.

Response would be set in your Data Action something like:

{
    "translationMap": {
    "notresponding_agents_array": "$.results[0].data[?(@.qualifier == 'NOT_RESPONDING')].stats.count"
    },
    "translationMapDefaults": {
    "notresponding_agents_array": "[]"
    },
    "successTemplate": "{\"notresponding_agents\": \"${successTemplateUtils.firstFromArray(\"${notresponding_agents_array}\",\"0\")}\" }"
    }

I do something similar to check IDLE + INTERACTING and if <1 treat it as though it's an emergency which works fine for this customer.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources