Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Does an agent get notification if they're being monitored on non-ACD?

• 1.  Does an agent get notification if they're being monitored on non-ACD?

Posted 05-15-2020 22:02
    According to the help.mypurecloud.com site an agent and customer are not notified if the call is being monitored by a Supervisor.  I've had anecdotal reports that when Agent A is communicating to Agent B only (ie not an ACD or queue call) and a Supervisor monitors that - the agents are seeing some type of notification that they're being monitored.

I don't have enough machines where I am to setup 3 separate instances to test this but can any of you confirm?
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface
    #Reporting/Analytics
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 2.  RE: Does an agent get notification if they're being monitored on non-ACD?

Posted 05-16-2020 14:23
    Two things here.  I don't believe monitoring is available for non-queue calls and I don't think there is monitoring of internal calls yet.  Also, there is no granular control over monitoring, so if your scenario is correct it would be a huge privacy issue.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Does an agent get notification if they're being monitored on non-ACD?

GENESYS
    Posted 05-18-2020 11:55
    Hi everyone - just wanted to add a few comments here.  Currently, live monitoring is available for all interactions in the platform - ACD or Communicate.  We implemented the monitoring feature ahead of even offering ACD - hence the reason we offer monitoring everywhere.  I'm currently working on implementing coach and barge functionality and one of the requirements I have added in here is to create new permissions so that we can separate monitoring for ACD, Internal, and All voice interactions.

We'll also look at providing an optional alert to agents for customers who do want to notify agents of each monitoring session.  There is a UI bug today where we are changing the phone number in the alert message to the userID of the supervisor doing the monitoring for internal calls.  We'll look to address that in the nearer term and then ensure we can address all the functionality properly moving forward.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out.

Chris Bohlin
    Product Manager - PureCloud

• 4.  RE: Does an agent get notification if they're being monitored on non-ACD?

Posted 05-18-2020 12:22
    Without granular controls on who can be monitored, we are in serious breach of numerous privacy laws around the world.  Monitoring of non-ACD calls needs to be turned off until those restrictions are in place. You ask Tony if he minds that anyone can monitor his calls and in the future barge into them as well.  Worse than zoom bombing.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 5.  RE: Does an agent get notification if they're being monitored on non-ACD?

GENESYS
    Posted 05-18-2020 12:29
    Understood Robert.  We're actively working on some underlying refactoring needed to support this functionality now and I'll keep this at the top of the priority list to make sure it gets addressed as quickly as I can.

Chris Bohlin

• 6.  RE: Does an agent get notification if they're being monitored on non-ACD?

Posted 05-18-2020 15:02
    Chris

So are you confirming that agents are being advised they are being monitored?  That goes against what the help.mypurecloud.com site says.

Also as mentioned it's a critical and serious defect and security flaw that needs to be resolved immediately.

We are currently working with a customer who is evaluating Genesys Cloud vs other products and the ability to monitor incognito is vital.

Does this flaw exist for ACD calls too or only non ACD?  Is there any workaround?

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 7.  RE: Does an agent get notification if they're being monitored on non-ACD?

GENESYS
    Posted 05-18-2020 15:13
    Apologies if I introduced any confusion.  'Agents' do not have this issue.  They are not aware if a supervisor is monitoring them.  Non ACD calls only are apparently showing a change in the UI if/when monitoring occurs.

Chris Bohlin

• 8.  RE: Does an agent get notification if they're being monitored on non-ACD?

Posted 05-18-2020 15:23
    Thanks Chris

I'll take that information along to the customer.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 9.  RE: Does an agent get notification if they're being monitored on non-ACD?

Posted 05-28-2020 01:50
    HI Chris, do we happen to have a clear ETA for the coach/barge/permissions pieces you mention?

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 10.  RE: Does an agent get notification if they're being monitored on non-ACD?

Posted 05-28-2020 01:53
    Don't suppose there's any valid criteria to be able to build a policy to delete non-ACD recordings?  It would be nice to have a "call type" checkbox or radio buttons in there to differentiate ACD from non-ACD.  

Would it work if you built two policies, one to say retain recordings for queue1, queue2, queue3 etc but another one that is set to delete without specifying queues?  Which would take precedence?

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 11.  RE: Does an agent get notification if they're being monitored on non-ACD?

GENESYS
    Posted 05-28-2020 08:52
    Let me follow-up with the recording team to see if there are any options for addressing this.  If not, I'll let you know and we can get an idea opened and track it from there.

Thanks,
    Chris

Chris Bohlin

• 12.  RE: Does an agent get notification if they're being monitored on non-ACD?

Posted 05-29-2020 14:34
    I setup a policy to delete all recordings unless another policy retains them.
    See also: https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/create-recording-policy/
    Delete even if another policy retains-This option appears when you select "delete." By default, if there is a policy overlap, PureCloud retains recordings. For example, if one policy retains a recording, but another deletes it, PureCloud keeps the recording. To override that behavior and delete recordings that match this policy, even if there is an overlap with another policy, select this option.

I then added policies to retain recordings for specific agents and queues. Unfortunately, we cannot just record all queue calls, or all agents belonging to a certain group or queue. We have to explicitly name these, which complicates administration. There is an idea for improving the recording policies https://purecloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLINB-I-539

Sven Schiller
    Kognitiv

• 13.  RE: Does an agent get notification if they're being monitored on non-ACD?

Posted 05-29-2020 15:53
    Hi Vaun,
    Recording policy management only applies to ACD calls as noted under ACD Call Recordings on this page. https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/about-call-recording/

Regarding your question about two policies - when policies overlap the default is to retain.  The only way to avoid that is to select the option delete even if another policy retains.  
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/create-recording-policy/
    Thanks,
    Lesley

Lesley Vereen
    Sr Product Manager - PureCloud
    Genesys

• 14.  RE: Does an agent get notification if they're being monitored on non-ACD?

GENESYS
    Posted 05-29-2020 16:12
    Echoing what Sven said, I have one policy which deletes all recordings for calls that are longer than 2 seconds, then other policies to retain specific types of calls on queues or for users or whatever. A retain policy will override the "delete all over 2 seconds" policy

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 15.  RE: Does an agent get notification if they're being monitored on non-ACD?

GENESYS
    Posted 05-28-2020 08:51
    I don't have specific dates at this point Vaun, but I'm hoping to deliver coach in Q3 and follow-up with Barge-in in Q4.

Chris Bohlin

• 16.  RE: Does an agent get notification if they're being monitored on non-ACD?

Posted 05-29-2020 15:04
    Hi Chris - this is great news.  We have quite a few customers that in the past relied on whisper coaching but since moving to Genesys Cloud have had to use work-arounds.

Bob Shappell
    Avtex Solutions, LLC

• 17.  RE: Does an agent get notification if they're being monitored on non-ACD?

Posted 05-30-2020 01:59
    Sorry can someone please confirm the statement about recording policies being only for ACD calls?  If that's the case, how does someone delete non-ACD call recordings?  Do they have to be done manually for all communicate users?  If you can't use recording policies to purge those calls, how else can you do it to prevent someone listening to calls they shouldn't (HR calls, executive leadership etc) but should still be able to listen to calls legitimately?  By Division and role?  But that still doesn't provide for an automatic/bulk delete.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 18.  RE: Does an agent get notification if they're being monitored on non-ACD?

Posted 06-01-2020 10:03
    Hi Vaun,

I thought I had confirmed about recording policies only being for ACD calls as noted here in the Resource Center - but it may have gotten lost in this thread. https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/about-call-recording/

There is a bit of a workaround for Communicate - but in order to record calls for Communicate,  at least 1 user needs to have a PureCloud license (minimum tier 1) and also have the Quality Admin permission.

They can then create policies to manage the recordings of the Communicate users.  If anyone needs to be able to access and play any retained recordings of those Communicate users they will need also need the PureCloud license.
    Thanks,
    Lesley

Lesley Vereen
    Sr Product Manager - PureCloud
    Genesys

• 19.  RE: Does an agent get notification if they're being monitored on non-ACD?

Posted 06-01-2020 15:46
    Hi Lesley

I'll elaborate further on my issue.

I've tested making a non-ACD outbound call from my test agent.  That call was recorded automatically.  There's obviously no queue associated with the call so I can't use a queue filter to remove those.  So based on what some others have said, it would appear that the only way to purge non-ACD call recordings is to set ALL calls over a certain duration to be deleted, and then separate ones for ACD/queue related calls to be retained.  That seems a bit mixed up.  The concern here is that anybody with the Quality Management permissions to be able to play back recordings, could listen to a recording for one of their superiors which may have been a personal call or some business confidential/HR conversation.

But can you confirm, are PureCloud license users calls recorded automatically whether they are ACD or non-ACD but it's Communicate-only users who actually get the option to manually record a call as shown in that help article?

Seems there's a bit of a gap in the explanation of things on that page.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 20.  RE: Does an agent get notification if they're being monitored on non-ACD?

GENESYS
    Posted 06-01-2020 16:00
    Vaun,

When you activate recording on an External Trunl, all calls which traverse that trunk are recorded. Retention/deletion of those recordings is controlled by the policies (or API bulk recording methods). You must specifically delete any recordings that you don't want retained. Those are the recordings accessed through the Interactions view.

Ad-hoc recordings initiated by the user can be done by anyone who has the Conversation > Call > Record permission, but those recordings are sent directly to the user's Inbox. They are not accessible by other users.
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/record-a-call/

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources