Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Bulk S3 Bucket

• 1.  Bulk S3 Bucket

Posted 05-11-2021 14:33
    Has anyone added the Bulk Export Recording with Integration to an external AWS S3 bucket?  I have gone through creating the S3 bucket in my S3 Account, now I am looking at the ability to search for records.  I am in the process of setting up Athena+Glue, and it is not very intuitive.  Has anyone found another way to search through the S3 data, or tips on setting this up?
    #Ask Me Anything (AMA)
    #Integrations
    #Reporting/Analytics
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Martin Bunting
    i3Vision Technologies Inc.

• 2.  RE: Bulk S3 Bucket

Posted 05-11-2021 15:57
    I'd be interested in this too.  Last time I went through the S3 bucket export it wasn't very usable.  We did look at getting something like PowerBI to consume data out of the APIs and then just with a link to the recording in AWS.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 3.  RE: Bulk S3 Bucket

Posted 05-11-2021 17:21
    Hi Martin, 

Just my own thoughts. 
    Why don't you use Azure and the Genesys Cloud API's. We do this for a number of clients works fantastically well. Vaun, Azure storage and MS PowerBI integrate much better together why not use this instead. Also security is a big thing that is sadly overlooked, azure storage is based on azure AD. 

warren beddie
    Noralogix PTY (Ltd)
    warren@noralogix.com

• 4.  RE: Bulk S3 Bucket

Posted 05-11-2021 17:27
    Hi Warren

As you know, some decisions around AWS vs Azure etc comes down to the individual company - even more so if they have a large and wide-spread relationship and multiple solutions in AWS already.  This is probably also why Genesys put the focus on the S3 integration mostly.  It's that same reason why Amazon Connect is a strong competitor to Genesys Cloud as there's that obvious name recognition.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 5.  RE: Bulk S3 Bucket

Posted 05-11-2021 23:56
    Hi Vaun, 

Totally agree that is why when we develop we test everything AWS included. PureCloud was originally acquired by Genesys so S3 was already there, that is not saying that S3 or AWS does not work otherwise Genesys Cloud would not be leading the Gartner race. Genesys do a superb job in working with AWS as well as the API's in giving clients options, like this discussion. Our approach is more around covering everything, future growth, security (sadly still overlooked), flexibility etc. As for competition Amazon Connect is just one of many competitors. As for companies I would think that the majority of companies out there NTT included moved from MS premise to a transition of MS cloud or Azure backbone, so they have options to work with Azure. The reason I ask you the question is in my dealings with NTT I always thought NTT were a massive global Azure house and everyone in NTT followed that approach. Your approach above linking data to PowerBI you will have issues we have tested this as well, just trying to help. 

Kind Regards

warren beddie
    Noralogix PTY (Ltd)
    warren@noralogix.com

• 6.  RE: Bulk S3 Bucket

Posted 05-12-2021 02:51
    When it comes to Azure vs AWS at least from an NTT perspective, we do tend to also take on board what our local customers already have and what they may have already invested in.  Probably even more so than we would have done working primarily under Genesys Engage.  It all comes down to whether we're looking at other solutions outside of contact centre for the same company too and what managed services might be involved.

But ironically the global outage today in a lot of areas, MS and Salesforce included does tend to highlight that no cloud storage/solution provider is without problems :)

Back to the original question though, I'm definitely keen to learn more about using Azure vs AWS and as you say if PowerBI works nicer with Azure than with AWS that may be something to consider.  I know there's a few partners out there with PowerBI integration solutions in the AppFoundry too - Avtex being one.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 7.  RE: Bulk S3 Bucket

GENESYS
    Posted 05-12-2021 10:00
    Hi Martin,

So you have taken a look at our Glue Athena Example?  Are there particular challenges that you are running into?

Daniel Ho
    Product Line Manager – Recording and Quality Management, Genesys Cloud
    Workforce Engagement Management (WEM)

• 8.  RE: Bulk S3 Bucket

Posted 05-12-2021 10:32
    Yes, I have gone through the example and now able to pull recordings.  It is not as intuitive to configure as I had hoped but I have it working and able to share my results with our customer.  Thanks.

Martin Bunting
    i3Vision Technologies Inc.

• 9.  RE: Bulk S3 Bucket

Posted 10-25-2022 22:10

Hi @Daniel Ho

We are still on the migration process to Genesys Cloud. I have question on using the AWS S3 export option. 

Two files are exported for each call interaction, the recording media and the JSON file. What information are on the JSON file, does the file include interaction information like queue, agent id, ani etc or metadata about the media file? how can bulk export metadata of the interaction If this only contains metadata of the media file ?

​​

Vincent Sabolboro
    ATB Financial

• 10.  RE: Bulk S3 Bucket

GENESYS
    Posted 10-26-2022 09:39
    Hi Vincent,

You can expect the following set of metadata exported in the JSON file:

aniDisplayable

ANI in displayable form

aniNormalized

ANI

conversationEndTime

conversation's end time

conversationId

unique ID associated with the conversation

conversationStartTime

conversation's start time

dnisDisplayable

DNIS in displayable form

dnisNormalized

DNIS

durationMs

duration of the recording

endTime

end time on the recording

filePath

original path of the recording

fileSize

recording file size

initialDirection

Initial direction of the conversation (inbound/outbound)

languageIds

Identifier on the language

mediaType

Media Type (one of Call,Chat,Email,Message, Callback, Screen)

messageType

type of message platform from which the message originated, e.g., sms, twitter,

line, facebook, whatsapp, webmessaging, open, instagram

organizationId

unique ID for the conversation

provider

type of provider for the recording, for example edge

queueIds

list of queue IDs for the recording

recordingId

unique ID for the recording

screenInformation

screen specific information, includes the screen ID, X and Y position, resolution information

startTime

start time of the recordings

userIds

list of users

wrapupCodes

wrap-up codes for the conversation

We recognize this is missing in our doc set at the moment, and will be updating them soon.

Daniel Ho

• 11.  RE: Bulk S3 Bucket

Posted 10-26-2022 12:52

Hi @Daniel Ho

This is the metadata for the media file, how can we batch download the metadata for the interaction to match this particular media file? download of the media files and corresponding json can be automated using AWS S3 bucket and we need something similar for the metadata json file for the interaction. We need to move some recordings to a long term storage to meet regulatory requirement. ​

Vincent Sabolboro
    ATB Financial

• 12.  RE: Bulk S3 Bucket

GENESYS
    Posted 10-26-2022 17:07
    Typically from the compliance standpoint, the recording metadata in the S3 export is often sufficient (e.g. for search and for understanding the basics of what occurred in the call).  The conversation metadata is quite a bit more elaborate, and you can fetch/export them separately through the Analytics Conversation Detail Job API.

Daniel Ho

• 13.  RE: Bulk S3 Bucket

Posted 10-27-2022 09:37

Hi @Daniel Ho

Thank you for the info. Our Data team will also do a deep drive with the information. 

Vincent Sabolboro
    ATB Financial

• 14.  RE: Bulk S3 Bucket

Posted 12-12-2022 11:53
    any reason Division ID is not added to the metadata.  We have several divisions, and looking to only send one particular divisions calls to a 3rd party service.  Queue Id's are really messy with transfers, and this group has many many Queues.  any thoughts on options?

Clayton Curtis
    Enova Online Services, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources