Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Can we use Regular expression Wild chracter under Architeture function contains

Posted 04-07-2021 15:25
    Hello Everyone,

I am new to this world. Can we use Regular expression Wild characters </b, *, [0-9]{4}> under function Contains in architecture/Flow design? If not, If we wish to search some Specific number series in body of email, and put them into a Queue How can we achieve this in Genesys pure cloud?

Additionally, Can we also Find out Which Keyword has matched in with contains Expression. If So, we can read that matched String and Print as Set Participant Data. This would make troubleshooting little easy.

Contains(Email.Message.subject, "\BXXX\B", true)

Rajnish Roy
    Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc
    #Ask Me Anything (AMA)
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    Rajnish Roy
    Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc

• 2.  RE: Can we use Regular expression Wild chracter under Architeture function contains

GENESYS
    Posted 04-07-2021 15:50
    Can we use Regular expression Wild characters </b, *, [0-9]{4}> under function Contains in architecture/Flow design?
    No, the Contains function does not do regex.  It looks for the exact characters you specify.

If not, If we wish to search some Specific number series in body of email, and put them into a Queue How can we achieve this in Genesys pure cloud?
    I'm not sure I understand what you want.  Use a Decision action to search for the 1st number.  If it matches (i.e. takes the Yes path), transfer to your 1st queue.  If not (i.e. the No path), use another Decision action to search for the 2nd number.  Continue for the other numbers.
    On the other hand, if you want to transfer the interaction to the same queue but want to indicate to the agent which serial number was matched, use a Screen Pop Script with an input value for the serial number that was matched.

Can we also Find out Which Keyword has matched in with contains Expression
    No.  The Contains function simply return true or false whether the match was found.  You could use the FindString function instead to find the occurrence of the word in the string, then use the SubString function to pull it out.  Remember that FindString will return -1 if the string was not found.  Also this doesn't really gain you anything over using the Contains function.  Contains("alpha beta delta", "beta") = true so you know beta was there.  Doing string manipulation instead to pull out the actual word beta from the original string is more complicated, but still you end up knowing that beta was there.
    If on the other hand the string looks like "hello: world, good: bye" and you want to pull out the "world" without knowing what it is, you can use string manipulation to get to it, assuming you know the exact format the string is in.  For that example, Trim(Split(Split("hello: world, good: bye", ",")[0], ":")[1]).  Be careful, if the string doesn't match the format, you can end up causing an error.  If the string was instead "hello: world; good: bye" that code would have returned "world; good" instead of just "world".
    Open expression help in Architect to see all the text functions you can use for string manipulation.  https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/function-operator-help/

If So, we can read that matched String and Print as Set Participant Data.
    You can write any string variable to participant data that you want.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Can we use Regular expression Wild chracter under Architeture function contains

Posted 11-22-2021 07:42
    On the following page: https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/regular-expression-language-quick-reference/
    They explain a lot about Regular Expressions. But where can they be used? We really need to look for a ticket number in the body of an email.
    The format of a ticket number looks as follows: 3 digits followed by a "-" sign and then 5 letters.

According to the documentation we should use regular expression "[0-9]{3}-[a-z]{5}"

But how and where can I use this expression?

Christof Delsupehe
    Telenet BVBA

• 4.  RE: Can we use Regular expression Wild chracter under Architeture function contains

GENESYS
    Posted 11-22-2021 09:27
    In bot flows
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/about-architect-dialog-engine-bot-flows/

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources