Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Polycom Zero Touch Provisioning

Posted 03-01-2021 15:08

I purchased a Polycom Soundpoint IP 311 phone from Amazon (maybe that was my mistake?).  It is a supported Genesys Cloud device and with version 4.08.1972 and I added that phone in the base Settings.  I then added the phone itself with those Base settings and the Hardware ID from the bottom of the phone.  I went into the phone's Advanced Admin settings and set the phone back to default and then verified that the Provisioning Server is set to ZTP Enabled.  I am using BYOC-C and set the Base and Phone Network to Provision from the Genesys Cloud Provisioning Service.  I rebooted the phone and it goes through a reboot and says Initializing Network but it never registers.

1. Should the Provisioning Server be "From the Edges within the Site"?
    2. How does the phone know what AWS Region to register to?
    3. What if the phone was previously used and registered to Polycom ZTP, do you need to have it removed?
    4. Are there any other settings on the phone that need to be configured?

Using the Phone Web Interface would be easier than using the Phone display interface

#Implementation
    #PlatformAdministration
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Martin Bunting
    i3Vision Technologies Inc.

• 2.  RE: Polycom Zero Touch Provisioning

Posted 03-01-2021 16:33
    for ZTP to work, Polycom needs to know where the phone was purchased and for which system.  I have found when purchasing outside of distribution, this information almost never get it to work.  Try using one of these links:

Manually configure the provisioning information for the Polycom VVX phone - Genesys Cloud Resource Center (mypurecloud.com)

Provision phones for BYOC Cloud - Genesys Cloud Resource Center (mypurecloud.com) - Option 2

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Polycom Zero Touch Provisioning

Posted 03-01-2021 16:43
    I thought that may be the case.   I will manually configure the phone.  Thanks.

Martin Bunting
    i3Vision Technologies Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources