Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Adding a second TXT record for "_amazonses.company.com" in DNS

Posted 10-27-2020 11:19
    Edited by Facundo Nowicky 10-27-2020 13:49
    Greetings,

We are configuring a client's org to be able to send mails on behalf of the company's domain.
    So we need to add a TXT record for _amazonses.<company>.com
    The doubt arises because the customer already has another TXT record with that domain name for another service.
    According to Amazon information in Verify domain for Amazon SES in multiple accounts or AWS Regions
    Amazon Web Services, Inc. remove preview
    Verify domain for Amazon SES in multiple accounts or AWS Regions
    Can I verify my domain for Amazon Simple Email Service (Amazon SES) in multiple AWS accounts or AWS Regions? Yes, you can verify your domain for Amazon SES in multiple accounts or Regions. If you're using Amazon Route 53 as your DNS service, follow these steps to verify your domain in multiple accounts or Regions: 1.
    View this on Amazon Web Services, Inc. >

You should be able to have more than one TXT record without issue.... right?

I just need to verify that PureCloud has no issues with this configuration.

Kind Regards,
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #DigitalChannels
    #PlatformAdministration
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Facundo Nowicky
    Interaxa S.A.

• 2.  RE: Adding a second TXT record for "_amazonses.company.com" in DNS

Posted 10-28-2020 12:51

Well, since I needed a quick confirmation, I opened a case with Care. Gage Decker from Genesys checked with Dev and the answer was:

It shouldn't be an issue since it is sending and the TXT is used to verify the sending service belongs to the customer rather than any kind of routing decision.

So, for anyone who searches this subject, the answer is, no problem.

Cheers.

Facundo Nowicky
    Interaxa S.A.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources