Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Route Call to Voicemail when Agent is On-Queue

Posted 11-28-2020 01:22
    Is it possible to prevent a 'direct' call being delivered to an Agent while they are 'Interacting'?

(Note: in the Utilisation settings, it is possible to prevent an Interaction being delivered to an Agent while they are on a 'direct' call, even if they are On-Queue; however I can't find a setting for the inverse scenario.)
    #Ask Me Anything (AMA)
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Thanks and regards,
    Malcolm Green
    Nexon Asia Pacific

• 2.  RE: Route Call to Voicemail when Agent is On-Queue

Posted 11-29-2020 02:32
    As far as I know no.
    A workaround that I used with some side effects, is make the agents numbers instead of personal, type routing.
    In this case, you can load on it a script and you have some sort of flexibility when arrive a direct call on the that number. You can apply then the logic you need.
    As side effect, when the agent make an outbound call, it is shown as CLID the Main number of the location.
    The workaround to show the „agent number" is to create an outbound interaction on behalf of queue and select a queue that has been previously configurered to show the agent number... For small <10 Contact Center is feasible this approach but Not for Medium and large cc.
    I Hope it helps

Gennaro Montanino

• 3.  RE: Route Call to Voicemail when Agent is On-Queue

Posted 11-29-2020 23:31
    Just expanding on Gennaro's suggestion, if you're not concerned with outbound calls showing anything, you could put the agents into a site that uses a separate trunk which is set to not display any caller ID.  That way you only really have to worry about inbound in which case Gennaro's first suggestion would work fine and is a common work around a few of us have done both in Genesys Cloud and Engage.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 4.  RE: Route Call to Voicemail when Agent is On-Queue

Posted 11-30-2020 01:57
    Actually with Engage you have a lot of more possibilites to handle direct call, almost endless =)
    The same apply for outbound number. For example we develop a WDE Plug in that before an outbound call is placed, it will prompt with number as to show.
    I hope GC will arrive to the same level of customization as GE but not sure, since the technologies  behind are different.

Gennaro Montanino

• 5.  RE: Route Call to Voicemail when Agent is On-Queue

Posted 11-30-2020 02:05
    Agreed.  That was and continues to be the biggest struggle for us with the features and options within GE from URS/ORS/GVP and even just within SIP Server. compared to GC - even looking at AppFoundry integration options.  

You'll see many comments from people aching for GC to catch up but it's a slow, painful process :)

I expect as more and more of our GE colleagues move over to cloud there'll be louder voices hopefully and more votes in the ideas portal for stuff.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 6.  RE: Route Call to Voicemail when Agent is On-Queue

GENESYS
    Posted 12-01-2020 10:29
    I'd encourage you all to vote on https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLINB-I-221 which covers this topic.  I agree its something we need to add to the platform and I'll see if I can slide it in somewhere in 2021 opportunistically.

Thanks,
    Chris

Chris Bohlin
    Product Manager - PureCloud

• 7.  RE: Route Call to Voicemail when Agent is On-Queue

Posted 12-07-2020 07:26
    Thanks all for your feedback - Chris, I have absolutely voted for this one! Cheers

Thanks and regards,
    Malcolm Green
    Nexon Asia Pacific

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources