Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  When a call comes in, it goes straight to a queue. How do I set it up

Posted 05-26-2020 16:52
    Hi Community,

I have a question in regards to incoming call flow / architecture setup.

The incoming call is from another / external setup where the call's already sorted out. So this incoming call, I would like to have it to go directly into a queue without a formal intro/menu.

Is this possible and how do it go about setting it up?

I've tried looking into architecture but not finding straight into queue option. There's always dial / selection.

Thank you,

John
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    John Hsu

• 2.  RE: When a call comes in, it goes straight to a queue. How do I set it up

Posted 05-26-2020 21:23
    There are several other posts about this, but here is the run-down.

1. Create an inbound flow that has a task as the starting.
    2. Put 100 ms of blank audio for the initial greeting
    3. In the task, put a transfer to ACD and again, 100 ms of blank audio for the transfer and failed prompt
    4. Put a disconnect as the ending action
    5. Publish
    6. Add a new call route with that flow as the destination, 24/7 and add your number to that route.

That is it.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: When a call comes in, it goes straight to a queue. How do I set it up

Posted 05-27-2020 11:47

Thanks!

I will need to study a bit more b/c I am still not understanding the said fully but I am going to go give it a try.

Regards

John Hsu

************************************************************************* This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. [Delta Electronics, INC. Taiwan] *************************************************************************

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources