Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Auto Answer ACD

Posted 09-17-2021 16:35
    Edited by CHRISTOPHER SEKELSKY 09-17-2021 16:36
    Team,

We have been told No Auto Answer exists in the Cloud for chat and SMS.  Is this true?  If so that is a huge oversight.  Has anyone found any workarounds?
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

• 2.  RE: Auto Answer ACD

Posted 09-18-2021 01:45
    True.  While you could use a notification webhook and some logic to pick up the interaction for the agent, that is probably more than it is worth.  I believe there are a few ideas on the Aha site for this.

------------------------------
    Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Auto Answer ACD

Posted 09-19-2021 17:54
    HI Chris
    Apologies I don't have any advice for you but hoping you can provide a little more information to us on what you are finding is missing? We are looking at making a change from having our SMS come directly from our SMS gateway provider into Salesforce, to having SMS come via Genesys and be answered via the Genesys / Salesforce embedded window, with a subsequent case record created in Salesforce. This is to enable us to fully assess our agent workloads.  In our current implementation we have what I would call "auto answer" e.g.. salesforce sends an SMS back to the initiator advising them of high wait times, or advising them that they are in a queue and will be answered shortly.  Is this what you mean by "Auto Answer"?  Just trying to understand your use case and whether this lack of functionality is going to impact us with our plans to move away from Salesforce Omni-channel?
    Thanks for your help

Anne Williams
    Lifeline

• 4.  RE: Auto Answer ACD

Posted 09-20-2021 11:46
    We have Salesforce but will not be connecting Salesforce to next year so I have not looked into if Salesforce can take up the slack on the Genesys miss for auto answer on chat and SMS.  Long story short Genesys did not include auto answer for chat and SMS which means an agent has to manually answer chat and SMS which does not work in a modern call center.  Auto answer is available in PureConnect for chat and SMS.

• 5.  RE: Auto Answer ACD

Posted 09-21-2021 11:37

A Welcome bot is on the roadmap, but I do not see a date assigned to it.

If this is what you mean by auto answer: "Thank you for contacting Prog Leasing, we will connect you with the best employee to assist you, one moment...."

• 6.  RE: Auto Answer ACD

Posted 09-21-2021 12:02
    Edited by CHRISTOPHER SEKELSKY 09-21-2021 12:02
    No.  Auto answer of chats, SMS, etc just like a phone call that exists in PureConnect and I'm 99% sure exists in PureEngage if memory serves me right.

• 7.  RE: Auto Answer ACD

GENESYS
    Posted 09-21-2021 18:06
    This is on the roadmap for digital channels, ie not-web-chat, but the rest. Genesys just provided an update on the Ideas portal today:

"Hi all, thanks for checking in and apologies for the slow response time. I do want to affirm that we believe this capability to be a priority and a must have for the Genesys Cloud platform; however, we unfortunately are still in the process of getting the work slotted into our roadmap, among all other efforts going on. We do expect to begin work on this feature in 2022, but it's still TBD for a targeted date/quarter. I will try to post quarterly updates here until we're able to get this into development. Thank you for your patience and understanding in the meantime. -Christian"

https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLDIG-I-6

• 8.  RE: Auto Answer ACD

Posted 09-21-2021 18:45
    Sweet! GENESYS just keeps giving the love. The Common Module I think it is the best thing since sliced bread. Hybrid Cloud will be killer as well.

RIchard Surroz
    GCI Communication Corp.

• 9.  RE: Auto Answer ACD

Posted 09-21-2021 21:22
    OK, I've been working with Email and chat since 1995 but reading through all of this, not one single person has detailed a use case. Auto Answer can mean at least three different things. Someone here want to enlighten me on what the ask is? I see comments that an agent gets a chat and if they don't react, all interactions to them are stopped. And this is a problem how/why? You're ignoring a customer in real time (chat at least) why would you deliver a call to them if they don't answer a chat request they are supposed to answer?  Just seems like a messy ask to me. Give me real use cases, not "Auto Answer."

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources