Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Number of reference keys for a data table?

Posted 10-22-2021 21:29

Hello Community,

I'm relatively new to Genesys Cloud, I'm looking to make some changes to a secure flow for our Main IVR app via Architect. I'd like to leverage a new data table that would work as a translation table for some caller authentication settings. The problem is that I would need to have TWO reference keys to drive this new table. All in all there would be the two reference keys and then one more column that has the value that I need to pull out to stuff in the UUI for screen pop.

In reading through the documentation and playing around with the data tables, it seems that only ONE reference key is allowed per table. Can some please let me know if my conclusion is correct, or is there a way to create a data table that has two reference keys?

Thank you in advance for the help!
    Jackie :) 

#PlatformAdministration

• 2.  RE: Number of reference keys for a data table?

Posted 10-22-2021 21:56
    Sorry Jackie, only one key per table at this time.  You should stand up a MySQL or RedShift database and use a data action to query it.  The other option is to have some sort of lookup in a Data Table that reads an array and then use a find on the array.  I would not suggest the later, but possible.

------------------------------
    Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Number of reference keys for a data table?

Posted 10-25-2021 10:12
    Thank you Robert for the confirmation and the suggestion to use a MySQL or RedShift database. I currently don't have a databases for things like this. Our former IVR platform used Oracle for these types of look ups and for configuration settings. Will look in to getting something created. 

Have a super day,
    Jackie

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources