Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Incorrect Call Dispositions

Posted 03-17-2020 09:50
    Hi All, 

I've got a situation where we're wanting to leverage an outbound campaign to help us determine numbers that are ringing busy in a given list. The test list that I'm using contains a group of known ring busy numbers. But instead of getting ININ-OUTBOUND-BUSY back, i'm getting ININ-OUTBOUND-NO-ANSWER. I checked the call disposition in the conversation and it's showing the same: "dispositionName": "disposition.classification.callable.noanswer". 

Has anyone seen this? The numbers clearly ring busy, and the result is the same every time I test. 

Thanks!
    #Outbound

------------------------------
    Dean Thames
    Koch Business Solutions

• 2.  RE: Incorrect Call Dispositions

GENESYS
    Posted 03-17-2020 10:00
    Who is the carrier?

Are you using UDP or TCP on the external trunk? If yes, what does the Protocol Capture show for the SIP messages coming back from the carrier?

I presume you've tried a Preview campaign and verified that you hear a busy signal when placing the calls?

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Incorrect Call Dispositions

Posted 03-17-2020 12:56
    Hi George, 

Good tip. I've been calling from my cell phone and a desk phone and getting immediate response as a busy tone. When I call from PC, either in preview mode or as a regular ol' phone call, the responses are varied. Call setups all seem delayed, one returned a network intercept message. 

Several return a busy at the 30 second mark. 

These are numbers from another cloud provider, vs. other tests I've done with premise equipment with ISDN circuits. Feels like a sip setup thing. Grrr.

Dean Thames
    Koch Business Solutions

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources