Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  911 Calls - Emergency services with BYOC Premises

Posted 05-05-2021 11:21
    Edited by Charaf Eddine Chemlal 05-05-2021 14:00
    Hello community,

I have a question regarding the 911 calls.

According to the Resource Center, an Emergency Location Identification Number (ELIN) is a ten digit DID number you purchase from the local exchange carrier (LEC), and is one way for organizations to provide specific location information to the public safety answering point (PSAP) for a 911 call. (ELIN (Emergency Location Identification Number) - Genesys Cloud Resource Center)

So i
    f the number is assigned as an ELIN, the address will be the location to which it is assigned as the ELIN.

What about agents working remotely ? I am wondering in case agents use Remote Phone while working from home, how can we make sure the exact location of the agent is well sent to the Emergency Service ?

Should we buy as many ELIN numbers as agents we have in our organisation ? How the configuration will be done on Genesys Cloud side ?

We are about to deploy Genesys Cloud soon in the US and this is to conform with the law there.
    We need to provide the exact location of each agent !

Appreciate your help :)

Kind Regards,

CHARAF
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Charaf Eddine Chemlal
    NTT France

• 2.  RE: 911 Calls - Emergency services with BYOC Premises

Posted 07-12-2021 19:29
    Hi Charaf.  We're implementing BYOC premise Gen Cloud. 
    We had to go with Red Sky and assign DID to each user and phone.  Therefore, when a User is in different locations, they launch the Red Sky client and assign its location, like a hotel or home and then that application helped get 911 call to correct PSAP.  
    In Gen Cloud you setup unique 911 trunk that routes across SBC and then onto Red Sky.  This contact center is in US.

Additionally, Resource Center says to use personal phone or land line for remote workers.  GC just isnt there yet to meet Ray Baum Act.
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/faqs/as-a-remote-agent-using-genesys-cloud-voice-how-should-i-contact-emergency-services/

Otherwise, you would have to create location for each remote worker....

Mike John
    Altivon

• 3.  RE: 911 Calls - Emergency services with BYOC Premises

Posted 07-13-2021 03:42
    Hi Mike,

Thank you for you anwser.

So, Redsky is working well with your implementation (BYOC Premise + Softphone) ?

I went through their official website, but I didn't find any information about the compatibility with Genesys Cloud solution.

I only found this article which is dedicated, I believe, for Genesys Engage solution: 
    https://appfoundry.genesys.com/filter/genesysengage/listing/f19cf3a5-06a3-4326-ad03-90c1db0ac3cd

If you can share you experience it would be great :)

Thank you in advance,

Kind Regards,

CHARAF

Charaf Eddine Chemlal
    NTT France

• 4.  RE: 911 Calls - Emergency services with BYOC Premises

Posted 07-13-2021 08:32
    We are using BYOC prem and SSP's but working to persuade company to use WebRTC.  So much easier on admin work and troubleshooting.  

Red Sky is working well, but most practical for mobile Users to dial 911.  The url provided seems to be a solution for any Genesys product line.

You're most welcome!

Mike John

Mike John
    Altivon

• 5.  RE: 911 Calls - Emergency services with BYOC Premises

Posted 07-14-2021 09:34
    Charaf,

Just to clarify on Mike's post; there is no "integration" to RedSky, or any 3ed party e911 provider, from GCloud. The current limits on access to update the SIP header on outbound limits any integration schemes. This feature is coming but no ETA.

Basically, GCloud can call the 3ed party e911 service and that service can do its thing, but you have to decide how and what ANI you are going to send. You can send an individual or phone's assigned DID, you can configure a "location" with a common DID/ANI to send, or you can send from the trunk itself. This decision will be based on the need for granularity and precision in physical location. And for remote/traveling users, the provider should have a client app that allows the user to update their physical location with the e911 service.

The above are just some examples of design elements for e911 and should not be considered all-inclusive. This can become very complex with large, multi-location companies where you may have to support both individual DID's and facility-level identities.

Hope that helps a bit...

Chris Mayo
    Manager, Technical Services
    Genesys Practice
    ConvergeOne

• 6.  RE: 911 Calls - Emergency services with BYOC Premises

Posted 07-25-2021 08:33
    Thank you Chris & Mike for your answers.

It is pretty clear now :)

CHARAF,

Charaf Eddine Chemlal
    NTT France

• 7.  RE: 911 Calls - Emergency services with BYOC Premises

Posted 02-13-2023 13:37

I understand this is an older thread on E911, i wonder if since this have been written GC now support better integration with 3rd party apps line Intrado or Resdsky..  I understand that Intrado is under the covers today with the GC OOB intergration, but it does require to have a separate GCV DID created for all users.  And it does not fore the person to validate and update if thier GEO loaction changed..  

Shalom Benzaquen
    Elevance Health

• 8.  RE: 911 Calls - Emergency services with BYOC Premises

Posted 02-14-2023 09:15

Shalom,

There is no BYOC 911 integration on the roadmap. You have to either sign up with one of the providers directly and configure 911 routing per their integration requirements or get your BYOC provider to support it at the carrier level. (We are doing the latter for our BYOC customers for whom we also provide SIP). 

Although some of these providers are listed in AppFoundry, integration is rudimentary - there is no automation for syncing users (so we've build one of our own). In the absence of this, you have to manually keep user lists synced. 

Ivan Kovacevic
    Star Telecom
    www.startelecom.cloud

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources