Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Email service level target

Posted 08-11-2020 11:20
    Hello,

We recently migrated to Cloud and are using Cloud for our client emails.  A question arose regarding the service level target for emails, and we were hoping for some feedback.  For others that use Cloud for emails, what is a normal or commonly-used service level target?  We have it set for 24 hours now, but we are finding that since we are having emails assigned to agents immediately that the 24-hour target is very easy to reach.  So this is not really a valid metric because no emails are taking close to 24 hours to respond to.  Is there a target that others use that is realistic in that it is a valid goal and can work as a reportable metric?  Maybe 2 or 3 hours?  Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Bill McElroy
    Edelman Financial Engines, LLC

• 2.  RE: Email service level target

Posted 08-12-2020 01:37

Hey Bill,

As we have emails coming in 24hrs I've found that the ASA varies wildly depending on how many come in overnight.

So I've begun measuring the ASA from 9:30am rather than our start of day (8:30) I take all the ASA intervals through the day and average them out.  I've only begun this in the last few weeks - we've only had email queues for a few months, and our agents are in both phone and email queues, with emails at a low priority so the calls come thru first.

My results so far show that we're hitting around 60mins ASA so far using that measure. We also started staff on our email queues at 8am to kill off the overnight emails before our phone queues kick in. We're looking at using that as the metric to watch and report on

Not sure if that helps, i'm interested to see how others respond!

Andrew Doller
    Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Australia Pty Ltd

• 3.  RE: Email service level target

Posted 09-22-2020 19:32
    Thank you very much for your response Andrew, it somehow slipped through the cracks of my inbox.  I really like that idea and will look at trying this for a few weeks.  Our agents handle phone and email separately so it will be interesting to see what our team looks like.

Bill McElroy
    Edelman Financial Engines, LLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources