Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Prioritize Screen Pop Script In Agent Interaction View When Answering a Call

Posted 02-20-2020 17:13

Here's our current process:

1. Caller enters Flow
    2. Flow has screen pop action => it is a "static" script with only plain text e.g. all it says is "Hello World" (therefore no input variable, url, etc).
    3. Caller makes it to queue (e.g. in queue flow)
    4. User is available to interact, phone call comes in
    5. User answers
    6. External Contact Profile pops up
    7. Deselect / or click away from External Contact Profile to see the "Hello World" from the script

Is there any way to prioritize the script for when the user/agent answers the call? We want to eliminate that 7th step. We don't want a new tab or window, and the screen pop script is more flexible (we can even include the profile info in the script).

#Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface
    #PlatformAdministration

------------------------------
    Naveen Rajan
    Auto Anything

• 2.  RE: Prioritize Screen Pop Script In Agent Interaction View When Answering a Call

GENESYS
    Posted 02-20-2020 17:34
    I.m not sure what you are seeing, but the script display depends a lot on how the agent has his view set up.

For example, here is what I see when the view is minimized, allowing the External Contacts section to take up a lot of space:

Hpowever, when I have the view set as maximized using the Expand arrow 

I see:

That's with the view divider set to:

George Ganahl GCP (PureCloud), ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Prioritize Screen Pop Script In Agent Interaction View When Answering a Call

Posted 02-20-2020 18:08
      |   view attached
    Where are you able to change this? This is all I see in the browser (attached). Where do I set the divider?

Naveen Rajan
    Auto Anything

• 4.  RE: Prioritize Screen Pop Script In Agent Interaction View When Answering a Call

Posted 02-20-2020 18:41
    Hi George actually I was able to figure it out. It wasn't clear to me how that "view divider widget" worked. I had clicked and dragged it previously to no avail. Now I see that you press it and the 4 different divider choices show up.

Is there a way to force all agents to choose the setting that you have selected? With contacts and other sections right-justified?

Naveen Rajan
    Auto Anything

• 5.  RE: Prioritize Screen Pop Script In Agent Interaction View When Answering a Call

GENESYS
    Posted 02-21-2020 08:50
    No, there is no central way to force the agent's view or lock it down to prevent their changing it.

Genesys

• 6.  RE: Prioritize Screen Pop Script In Agent Interaction View When Answering a Call

Posted 02-21-2020 22:13
    Thanks George. This could be an important feature for companies trying to enforce a unified UI for their agents who may need entirely different data based on the number being called, or any other attributes tied to that phone number. A new tab or new window screen pop can be more distracting than the script embedded in the agent's interaction view. Where can I put in an enhancement request?

Naveen Rajan
    Auto Anything

• 7.  RE: Prioritize Screen Pop Script In Agent Interaction View When Answering a Call

GENESYS
    Posted 02-22-2020 09:35
    Log into https://know.genesys.com (Genesys Knowledge Network) with your customer portal credentials. In the top drop-down, click Genesys Cloud or select Dashboard.

Scroll down the dashboard and you should find the tile for the Ideas Lab. Click the button to submit ideas:
    Search the Ideas Lab to see if someone has already created an Idea you can vote for (I'm guessing one exists, but I haven't taken time to search for it). If no idea exists, you can create one.

Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources