Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  System Name Playback on VM

Posted 07-23-2019 13:06
    I have raised a case to Support on this and have been told the system has issues with abbreviations. 

Backstory, our user name is Jan, not January. She did not want to record her own Name in the VM setup and wants the system to speak her name. - Consistency with the rest of the users. 
    Issue: The system sees Jan, and says January. 
    I can also replicate this with Feb, if I set my first name to Feb, the system will read it back as February. 

Wouldn't/shouldn't this be considered a bug? Any help would be appreciated.
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Angelia Harper
    Avtex

• 2.  RE: System Name Playback on VM

GENESYS
    Posted 07-23-2019 13:52
    I don't think it would be considered a bug, since it is a useful feature of the TTS in other areas.

It's probably more along the lines of asking for a new feature to be able to enter a phonetic spelling of the user name in the User settings for the TTS to use when pronouncing the name.

You can ask Care to explore further whether it can be entered as having negative impact on a customer. The business impact is very small, since in the grand scheme very, very few users will have a name that matches a month, and there is easy capability of recording the name to be used. So, again, I doubt it will be considered a bug.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: System Name Playback on VM

Posted 07-23-2019 16:00
    Thank you George.

Angelia Harper
    Avtex

• 4.  RE: System Name Playback on VM

Posted 07-23-2019 23:42
    Try spelling the name all in lower case - this stops Purecloud from seeing words it does not know as abbreviations and so may also help in this case.

Mike Hardie
    CALLSCAN AUSTRALIA PTY. LTD.

• 5.  RE: System Name Playback on VM

GENESYS
    Posted 07-24-2019 08:48
    I thought about that, Mike...but this is the person's name in the Directory. They don't want to have her record her own voice prompt do to wanting uniformity, so I doubt they want to make her display name different from all the rest (especially since people will undoubtedly tell her from time to time that her name is "spelled wrong" on her profile).

George Ganahl CCXP, GCP
    Genesys

• 6.  RE: System Name Playback on VM

Posted 07-24-2019 09:09
    I tested that and it still read January. We just have to display her name as Jann for now.

Angelia Harper
    Avtex

• 7.  RE: System Name Playback on VM

GENESYS
    Posted 07-24-2019 09:29
    You could use the IPA phonetic symbol...but that isn't much better than Jann

Jæn

George Ganahl CCXP, GCP
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources