Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Login Page, DNSSEC issues

Posted 12-17-2021 17:05
    Hi All, 

2 questions:
    Are any of you using DNSSEC?

If you are, have you experienced any issues with accessing any .mypurecloud.com pages?

Since August 17th we've had 8 days of not being able to access anything .mypurecloud.com, which includes login.mypurecloud.com, help.mypurecloud.com, and apps.mypurecloud.com.  We've filled out several tickets for it and had the pretty steady responses of "it's your fault, not ours" from support, citing that no other customers are experiencing any issues.  We have been fighting to get the issue escalated and get Genesys networking folks involved to resolve it as all of the data we have shows it is not on our end.  I just thought I would check here to ask you all to see if anyone else has any data/information that might be helpful. 

Thanks,
    Lindsay
    #Security
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Lindsay Hull
    Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology's AskRose Homework Help

• 2.  RE: Login Page, DNSSEC issues

Posted 12-30-2021 21:29
    I don't think Genesys is up to speed on this one.  I created an idea for you:  Support DNSSEC on all Genesys Cloud | Genesys Cloud Ideas Portal (aha.io)

I am guessing since there are front-end proxies and load balancers in the AWS realm, that is reeking havoc on the DNSSEC security protocols.   In the end, it will probably be up to AWS to fix and not Genesys.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Login Page, DNSSEC issues

Posted 12-30-2021 22:59
    I"ve had this issue with a few different orgs and users.  The last one I had, the user couldn't get to any of the *mypurecloud* sites when using WiFi on their home broadband.  But if they switched to tethering to a mobile hotspot via cell, it worked fine.

Any work at Genesys may be sitting in a basket waiting for whenever they decide to retire the *purecloud* domains.

Vaun McCarthy

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources