Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Teams Integration

Posted 07-07-2020 09:47
    Hi All, 

I'm beginning work on an MS Teams integration and looking for a little more detail on a specific part of the Job aid (word doc here)

On page 3 the reference provides instructions on connecting Teams to the SBC via configuring a voice gateway in Teams. If the Teams org in question is already handling pstn traffic via an SBC, is this step needed? Put another way, does Teams need a dedicated voice gateway for this implementation, or can it use the one that's already there (assuming the SBC is updated to account for the byoc cloud trunk)? 

Has anyone done this yet? 

Thanks!

Dean. 

#Integrations

------------------------------
    Dean Thames
    Koch Business Solutions

• 2.  RE: Teams Integration

Posted 07-14-2020 06:27
    @Robert Wakefield-Carl - Do you have any thoughts on this? Seems to me like Teams would be fine with just one gateway config for the SBC, and the SBC could handle the PSTN/Genesys route from there? True? ​

Dean Thames
    Koch Business Solutions

• 3.  RE: Teams Integration

Posted 07-14-2020 10:48
    Yes that is the best route.  We normally suggest NOT using Microsoft phone services and dial plan for integrated solutions.  The best is to use a common SBC for the Teams Direct Routing to the PSTN and to Genesys Cloud as in this diagram.  

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 4.  RE: Teams Integration

Posted 07-14-2020 10:54
    Thanks! This helps. I kept thinking I was missing something. I'll update this or start a new thread when I get it going.

Dean Thames
    Koch Business Solutions

• 5.  RE: Teams Integration

Posted 04-02-2021 12:41
    Hi Dean,
    We have similar set up like you and in the process of setting up Teams Integration.

Did you establish a SIP trunk between Genesys Edge and Audiocode SBC to implement Teams integration. 

Thanks

Velmani Natarajan
    MVP Health Plan, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources