Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Call Back Metrics

Posted 09-15-2021 17:26
    Hello! We just implemented Call Backs through our IVR.  What percent of your customers answer your call back?  
    Thanks in advance for sharing.
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Kim Huebner
    American Signature Inc

• 2.  RE: Call Back Metrics

Posted 09-16-2021 10:55
    This is one subject that intrigues me.  You call into companies and hear that they are too busy and offers a callback, but then callbacks backup in the queue and unless you are handling them as calls, they just sit there.  Keeping priority and skills are necessary to ensure virtual hold functionality, but in the end, there are still too many calls and callbacks for the agents to handle.  Unless you have peaks and valleys that allow agents to get caught up, you are just filling the trash cans waiting for someone to take them out.  

Another problem is that someone leaves a callback, gets frustrated and calls back in.  There needs to be a good way to check for the callback and let the person know that it is better to wait for the callback than to wait on hold and also to have a mechanism for agents to see that callback and disconnect it if the person calls back in.  While not out of the box, both of these are possible with Genesys Cloud CX. 

I am interested to see what others thing about this subject.   Thanks Kim for starting my juices boiling.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Call Back Metrics

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 09-16-2021 16:09
    The keep you position in queue type of callback doesn't do anything for reducing the work load or the resourcing required, if anything it adds to it since those calls don't abandon.

My view of the keep your place in queue callback is, they are just the same as a call still in queue, so don't think of them differently from a priority or resourcing perspective, the concept is the customer has elected to keep their place in queue so treat them as such.

The only difference and benefits are, customers don't have to listen to your hold music and can go about doing what they want to do so is a big customer experience gain, that and the savings on toll free costs to the organization which can be significant.  Its not at all about moving calls to less busy times or, saving on resources, or anything like that. For that you need scheduled call backs were you only have slots available during your less busy times, and if you are often busy that sort of callback is pretty limited in the number of customers that are eligible. 

As for the how many customers actually answer the callback, yeah there is some cases where they don't or its no longer a good time for them. If you are looking to reduce wasted agent time there, take a look at putting the callbacks into a dialer, from there you can present a menu to customers when the dialer calls them asking if they still need to talk to someone before putting them into the queue at a high priority.
    There is a blueprint for that available on appfoundry to get you started.
    https://appfoundry.genesys.com/filter/genesyscloud/listing/0a9204b1-bdb4-4a70-978b-97829d78308f 

Anton Vroon
    KiwiBank

• 4.  RE: Call Back Metrics

Posted 09-16-2021 16:21
    Thank you Anton...great advice and something for us to research.

Kim Huebner
    American Signature Inc

• 5.  RE: Call Back Metrics

Posted 09-21-2021 11:53

Exactly on point Anton!  I have been using callbacks for 15 years and have massive amounts of data supporting customer experience, as well as many customer interviews.

Callbacks should only be used as a hold your place in queue and you should honor that 100% with the same priorities and skills as the original inbound call. As for Robert's question about what happens if someone calls in while they are still in the callback queue?  At Banner Health (using Engage Cloud) we played a message (will hunt down the exact verbiage for your use) that stated we see that they have previously selected a callback and that though they can cancel it, they will connect with us quicker than if they remain holding. <5% elected to cancel and wait after we added that verbiage. We allowed them to cancel by pressing 1 (I think) and then wait in the queue.

And both of you are correct, callbacks are only good for flattening peaks, they are not a substitute for short staffing. Our customer satisfaction with callbacks was astronomically high and is a common kudos message from customers.

I will end with the message that I have never allowed scheduled callbacks:

1. No quick and easy UI to do this short of top notch full blown natural language understanding speech reco
    2. Callers will schedule during another peak and exacerbate the problem. You would need to offer callback times and that frustrates callers
    3. Just as easy for the caller to decide that the meeting they are going into is too important to be interrupted by a callback, so they call back themselves after their important meeting

Having said that, we did not allow voicemail (it's a horrible CX!!!!!) so behind the scenes, if callers called in after-hours, we offered them the opportunity for us to call them at the opening of the next business day. If they chose it, we scheduled the callback behind the scenes, and after the first morning peak for that business unit.  But the caller had no idea we were using scheduled callback functionality to do this.

• 6.  RE: Call Back Metrics

Posted 09-16-2021 16:23
    Thank you Robert...glad it isn't just me.  Trying to provide the best customer experience without creating addition unintended consequences.

Kim Huebner
    American Signature Inc

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources