Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Dial a customer back within an outbound interaction

Posted 02-23-2022 03:00
    Hi everyone,

A customer of mine is facing the following scenario:
    An agent is in connection with a customer within an outbound interaction. The call drops (for example because the customer entered a tunnel, or whatever), and the agent wants do dial the customer back immediately and keep the context of the current script.
    Is there any way to achieve this? meaning call a customer back and keep the conversation context (and script)?

Thank you in advance.
    Regards,
    #ConnectwithaCustomer(NEW)

------------------------------
    Carlos Correia
    Xseed-Consultoria e Sistemas de Informacao Lda

• 2.  RE: Dial a customer back within an outbound interaction

Posted 02-25-2022 18:47
    I think the closest you could get is something like the following, if we don't want any agent intervention:
    1. Have a designated wrap up code for this scenario, like "Customer Error".
    2. Define a Column called like "LastWrapCode" and Ensure you have a User defined column for contact ID. This also assumes that the user defined column for contact ID is the Unique Identifer Column as well.
    3. Utilize a Wrap up rule to update the LastWrapCode column with Customer Error and schedule a callback for 1 minute from now.
    4. Utilize a Pre-call Data Action that uses the /api/v2/analytics/conversations/details/query, with a filtered search for the outboundContactId = ContactID. This could retrieve the last agent that spoke with the caller. Then, you could add this ID onto the call as a skill and ensure all agents have a skill with their user ID. 

Not the prettiest solution, but it would work. Agents would have all the customer's information for them and the call would be auto scheduled back.

Alternatively, agents just utilize the scheduled callback button on their interface and schedule a callback one minute from now. If they "take ownership" of the callback, it will route back to them. This would be the easiest way to do it.

Peter Stoltenberg
    Avtex Solutions, LLC

• 3.  RE: Dial a customer back within an outbound interaction

Posted 02-28-2022 05:51
    Hi Peter,

Thank you for your reply.
    Indeed I tried a slightly different approach than the one you propose. I am testing doing it via creating a personal callback via API instead of call rule (/api/v2/conversations/{conversationId}/participants/{participantId}/callbacks). But I am facing some UI issues that I already reported to Customer Care team (waiting for their analysis). The issue I'm having is that the callback is triggered but the agent has no way to dial the customer number (the "begin call" button does not appear).

Regards,

Carlos Correia
    Xseed-Consultoria e Sistemas de Informacao Lda

• 4.  RE: Dial a customer back within an outbound interaction

Posted 03-03-2022 15:58
    Hi @Peter Stoltenberg.
    I was wondering if kindly have any free time to discuss the rule logic for schedule a callback rule. I haven't thought of that idea and was wondering how I can leverage this for other workflow efficiencies. ​

Ly Lim
    Cardinal Health 5, LLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources