Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Web Messaging

Posted 01-25-2022 16:52
    Hi there,

We are moving our web chat over to web messaging and I've successfully sorted out the initial steps, but we are looking to develop more functionality in advance of agent engagement.  I can't seem to find training/documentation for web messaging.  Is there a recommended link/document that would be useful for this?  Any input would be appreciated, and thanks very much in advance!

Jeff
    #Implementation

------------------------------
    Jeff Grant
    Util-Assist Canada

• 2.  RE: Web Messaging

Posted 01-25-2022 22:36
    Currently, you are going to have to build the form before initiating the web messaging or use a simple bot in the flow to collect the data.  Genesys is coming out with what they call Welcome App for Visitor Qualification - which is supposed to give a conversational experience to capture identity attributes (like name, email…) to better qualify anonymous visitors.  That is on the Target list, so later in the year.  Stick with a simple bot for now.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Web Messaging

Posted 03-22-2022 12:14
    Hello @Robert Wakefield-Carl,

Would you be able to elaborate about building a form before initiating the web messaging? I read somewhere that pre-message form was not supported by Web Messaging but if you have other ways to build a form, please let me know!

Thank you!​

• 4.  RE: Web Messaging

Posted 03-31-2022 16:50
    Yes, I would like more information on the Welcome App for Visitor Qualification .  Is there any plan or option where we can present/initatie the conversation on web messaging?  I.e. we would like to say "thanks for contacting us, how may we help you," when they open the we messaging icon.

Clayton Curtis
    Enova Online Services, Inc.

• 5.  RE: Web Messaging

Posted 04-25-2022 17:48
    hi Clayton

Did you manage to find a way to send auto response message when customer click to open web message icon?

Muhammad Zubair Awan
    Spark NZ Trading

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources