Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  GC Business WhatsApp Settings

Posted 07-30-2021 06:24
    Hi All

Wondering if anyone can help or has tackled the same issues. We are using Genesys Cloud Whatsapp integration, and have 2 issues were trying to resolve, 

1. we need to make changes to the Business Whatsapp profile, but as we're now integrated into GC, we no longer have the simple option of making these changes via the phone app, is there a simple way to edit the profile pic, description, etc...

2. we would like to automate an out-of-office response for when we receive messages out of hours? is this possible without the Agentless WhatsApp notifications feature? is there a way to access the Whatapps features similar to those offered in the mobile app? https://faq.whatsapp.com/smba/account-and-profile/using-away-messages/ ?

any help would be much appriciated

Thanks
    #Ask Me Anything (AMA)
    #Integrations
    #PlatformAdministration

------------------------------
    Vick

• 2.  RE: GC Business WhatsApp Settings

Posted 10-11-2022 01:33
    Hi Vick

Trying to get Whats app going on my demo environment

Dont suppose you have an idiots guide on how to get the business account certificate?

Many Thanks

DR

David Ragon
    Ethan Global Pty Ltd (t/a Ethan)

• 3.  RE: GC Business WhatsApp Settings

Posted 10-12-2022 03:36
    we are just about to start the process of moving from a 3rd party to on cloud, from what I read, Genesys will send you the cert once you have done the application and the WABA account is setup.

Andy Jackson
    Ten Lifestyle Management Limited

• 4.  RE: GC Business WhatsApp Settings

Posted 10-12-2022 03:45
      |   view attached
    Hi 

I don't have an idiots guide, but the team used this on our setup, hope it helps

Vick

Attachment(s)

• 5.  RE: GC Business WhatsApp Settings

Posted 10-12-2022 05:04

Hi @Vickesh Patel

I don't know if your queries were answered so I'll answer them here.

From my experience you need to contact Genesys via GenesysCloudWhatsAppRequests@genesys.com in order to make changes to the profile. Out of office replies can be configured within the Inbound Message flows based on time-of-day routing via the Send Response action, similar to any other Architect flows. 

Hi @David Ragon

In terms of an "idiots guide" as such, I have gathered a range of information during our time following the process which I have detailed below.

At first you must complete a WhatsApp application form with the details of the request. This can be from one of the 2 forms within the Resource Centre - Configure ACD messaging for WhatsApp Messenger - Genesys Cloud Resource Center (mypurecloud.com)

Genesys Cloud utilize the WhatsApp On-Premise API, as a result the BSP of which you are migrating the number from must also be utilizing the WhatsApp On-Premise API.

Migrating between two different On-Premise API's is a fairly straight forward process however migrating between the WhatsApp Cloud API to the WhatsApp On-Premise API is a tricky process and requires coordination and support from the existing provider.

This is partially due to some limitations with Meta's platform, as they don't quite easily support the migration of numbers from a WhatsApp Cloud API implementation to an On-Premise implementation.

For customers wishing to migrate to Genesys Cloud for WhatsApp, Meta has recommended that the existing BSP migrate from the Cloud API to the On-Premise API in advance

Cloud API to On-Premise API

Whilst migrating in this format is not recommended, it is not impossible however does contain some constraints:

1. The current BSP can delete the number from their platform, this will essentially shut the number down.
    2. The number can then be deleted from their WABA 30 days after the last paid message has been sent.
    3. Once it has been deleted from their WABA, Genesys can proceed to enable the number onto Genesys Cloud, just as if it's a new number.

Obviously, the downside here is that the number must be effectively shut down for 30 days and will not be usable.

Unfortunately, WhatsApp does not allow a number to be deleted from a WABA until 30 days after the last paid message has been sent. So basically, the customer must first stop all messaging traffic on the number for 30 days and then delete the number from the account, for it to be eligible to be added again in a new account from the Genesys side.

On-Premise API to On-Premise API

This is the recommended process as this provides a seamless end-to-end migration whereby there is little to no customer impact on live traffic.

Migration includes a 4-step process:

1. Genesys will flag the number for migration once the migration application form has been submitted
    2. Genesys will trigger a Call/SMS containing a PIN to the number being migrated. This must go directly to a human, a day/time schedule for the migration needs to be agreed. Genesys will need to meet for 5-10min with someone who has possession of the phone and can receive the automated voice call or SMS to the number when the PIN request has been generated.
    3. WhatsApp will deliver a 6-digit PIN to the number; this will need relayed back to Genesys in order to move the number to the new Genesys-managed WABA and complete the PIN verification process. This step must be completed within 10 minutes of the PIN being delivered.
    4. Genesys will complete the migration and provide the customer with the activation certificate to be used in GC. Existing live traffic on the number will not be impacted until the Genesys Cloud org admin activates the newly migrated number certificate in GC. Activation can be done anytime within 7-days of providing the cert. Upon activation, traffic will switch over from the old provider automatically, if all the message flows have been configured correctly in GC.

I hope the above gives you some more insight as to the journey you are on. ​​

Josh Coyle
    Sabio Ltd

• 6.  RE: GC Business WhatsApp Settings

Posted 02-16-2023 17:09

Hi @Josh Coyle 

I need to change the WhatsApp Business profile of one of our clients and add a brochure.

I tried to send a mail to the account "GenesysCloudWhatsAppRequests@genesys.com" but it seems to be down as I got a "could not be delivered to this recipient".

Do you know what the current procedure is?

Thank you.

Virgilio Asencios
    E-Business Distribution Peru S.A.

• 7.  RE: GC Business WhatsApp Settings

Posted 02-17-2023 07:45

Hi @Virgilio Alejandro Asencios Peralta 

I would recommend re-testing this to determine the most up to date response as I do not receive the same message you have called out. 

If this still fails please check your local email domain rules in place to ensure the message could be sent. 

If the above fails then I would recommend raising a Genesys Support case. 

Thanks

Josh

Josh Coyle
    Sabio Ltd

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources