Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Disconnect Type: Error; Error Code: error.ininedgecontrol.connection.protocol.timeout

• 1.  Disconnect Type: Error; Error Code: error.ininedgecontrol.connection.protocol.timeout

Posted 02-04-2020 10:32

Hi, we started to have a problem with a customer where calls are being dropped after 30 minutes in the conversation. In those calls (inbound calls), the customer and the agent are talking with no problem and suddenly the call disconnects and when we query the conversation details we can see the following error:

"errorCode": "error.ininedgecontrol.connection.protocol.timeout",
    "disconnectType": "error",
    "segmentType": "interact",

As I said, the duration of all those calls being dropped is around 30 minutes (+0, +1 or +2 minutes.)

This customer uses BYOC, we talked to the provider but they don't see anything wrong on their end, there's no timer. I also reached out to Genesys support to see if there's a setting in PureCloud that prevent from having a conversation more than 30 minutes but they said there is no such parameter.

Thanks,

#SIP/VolP
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Henry Zambrano
    Powernet Global Telecommunications

• 2.  RE: Disconnect Type: Error; Error Code: error.ininedgecontrol.connection.protocol.timeout

Posted 02-05-2020 10:33
    Hello Henry, 

We had run into something very similar in the past, is it on every call that you experience this?   Have you been able to run any traces to see which side is requesting an update and which side is not responding? 

What happened for us was that any call originating from PureCloud to our other carrier would drop after 2min - after running sip traces we could see that for us the other carrier was asking PureCloud for an update but the edge was ignoring it - and so the call would disconnect. 

Similar experience.. so i thought i'd share :)

Kymberli O'Hagan
    TBD
    Alberta Motor Association

• 3.  RE: Disconnect Type: Error; Error Code: error.ininedgecontrol.connection.protocol.timeout

Posted 02-06-2020 18:32
    Hi Kymberli, thanks for your response. I have an open case with Genesys. In the first instance, they said that it was an known issue due to a change made last Friday but that they rolled back on Sunday. However, they are still investigating because we still have the same issue (it has something to do with Edges).
    I'll post what they find.

Thanks,

Henry Zambrano

• 4.  RE: Disconnect Type: Error; Error Code: error.ininedgecontrol.connection.protocol.timeout

Posted 02-06-2020 22:29
    Hey Henry, It's interesting.. over the last couple days we are actually seeing that same error come up with agents that are using the PureCloud Softphone Client. We have been piloting it to see if we can use it within some areas of our business, however we continue to have protocol errors. This one is a different kind of protocol error to what we've seen before.. and in some cases the call either drops, has static, has no problems (just an error) or it doesn't connect to the agent at all. 

We have an open case now as well.

Kymberli O'Hagan
    TBD

• 5.  RE: Disconnect Type: Error; Error Code: error.ininedgecontrol.connection.protocol.timeout

GENESYS
    Posted 02-07-2020 12:40
    Kymberli,

What protocol are you using for the PureCloud Softphones?

Also, one thing I have seen mentioned before is to ensure you select the network interface to use in the Softphone options instead of letting it automatically select. Especially if the computer has multiple network interfaces (like VPN, WiFi, ethernet, etc.)

George Ganahl GCP (PureCloud), ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 6.  RE: Disconnect Type: Error; Error Code: error.ininedgecontrol.connection.protocol.timeout

Posted 02-07-2020 15:19
    Hello George, 

We are using TCP for the Softphones.

Kymberli O'Hagan
    TBD

• 7.  RE: Disconnect Type: Error; Error Code: error.ininedgecontrol.connection.protocol.timeout

Posted 08-28-2020 17:43
    Edited by Jorge Negri 08-28-2020 20:16
    Hi.

We are currently facing the same error (Protocol Timeout error) affecting agents that are using the PureCloud Softphone Client.

It is also impacting on many other of the users of the platform, all of them using PureCloud Softphone as well, at our customer's site, while attempting to start any manual outgoing call.

TCP is configured in the Phone trunk  and also on the SIP External Trunk.

Opened a Support Case, but still no clear answers, and of course no solution delivered yet

The customer is very unhappy, and upset about this problem.

Thanks

Regards,

Jorge Marcelo Negri
    Senior Project Consultant
    Genesys PureCloud Certified Associate
    In Motion Argentina
    Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires
    Argentina
    -------------------------------------------

• 8.  RE: Disconnect Type: Error; Error Code: error.ininedgecontrol.connection.protocol.timeout

Posted 08-28-2020 18:10
    Hi Marcelo, I don't know if the issue we had is similar to yours, however, in my case there's was a problem with the carrier's SBC (this customer was BYOC).
    Genesys support said that the call would have this problem (dropped) because the SDP which was sent out by PureCloud was not picked up and acknowledged by the Carrier's SBC. So the error found in the traces was "Description: No response from SIP Session Timer refresh."

So they suggested two options:

1: You'll need the carrier's SBC to add OPUS & PCMA to their SDP

OR

2: You can request the carrier disables session refresh.

I shared that info with the carrier, however they said that the SBC was not doing anything with codecs, that it simply passed thru the info. And on the other hand, they could disable the session refresh. However, I cannot confirm which of those options was the fix for the issue. I assumed they did something because the problem was fixed.

Regards,
    Henry

Henry Zambrano

• 9.  RE: Disconnect Type: Error; Error Code: error.ininedgecontrol.connection.protocol.timeout

Posted 08-28-2020 20:01
    Edited by Jorge Negri 08-28-2020 20:18
    Thanks Henry.

But our environemnet is different than yours.

We are behind Avaya, connected to that PABX with a SIP Trunk.

All incoming calls and ourgoing calls recieved from Avaya  whick works as our voice Gateway towards the PSTN.

And these problems were not present before, but appearing since some weeks by now.

Unfortunately we have not yet been able to solve this problem, and we have the customer very upset about this.

May be someone can give help to have this problem addressed and solved.

Thanks in advance for your attention and reply.

Regards,

Jorge Marcelo Negri
    In Motion Argentina
    Argentina
    -------------------------------------------

• 10.  RE: Disconnect Type: Error; Error Code: error.ininedgecontrol.connection.protocol.timeout

Posted 09-10-2020 03:36
    Hi Jorge,

This Protocol timeout message is usually related to network issues.

I've had a lot of problems with old versions of the PureCloud softphone. Please make sure you are running the latest one.

Softphone version 3036 is currently the release which performs better in handling the network losses.

Paulo Mesquita
    Spark NZ Trading

• 11.  RE: Disconnect Type: Error; Error Code: error.ininedgecontrol.connection.protocol.timeout

Posted 09-10-2020 07:53
    Thanks

Softphone is running on the last version available (16.2.0.3036).

Unfortunately we are still facing these problems at the customer's site.

Regards

Jorge Marcelo Negri
    In Motion Argentina
    Argentina

• 12.  RE: Disconnect Type: Error; Error Code: error.ininedgecontrol.connection.protocol.timeout

Posted 09-10-2020 08:33
    After update all the Softphones the number of complaints reduced a lot.

The only scenario where we still have issues is when the agents have laptops with multiple network adapters.
    The Softphone is not able to recover its provisioned state if the communication fallback to the Wireless adapter.

If your problem is the same, please vote for this one:
    https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLCOLL-I-228

Paulo Mesquita
    Spark NZ Trading

• 13.  RE: Disconnect Type: Error; Error Code: error.ininedgecontrol.connection.protocol.timeout

Posted 09-10-2020 08:43
    Thanks again Paulo.

Just added my vote on the idea.

Regards.

Jorge Marcelo Negri
    In Motion Argentina
    Argentina

• 14.  RE: Disconnect Type: Error; Error Code: error.ininedgecontrol.connection.protocol.timeout

Posted 07-18-2023 11:22
    Edited by David Fradejas Tomás 07-18-2023 12:01

We are experiencing a very similar problem on a client we have where the error indicates  transport protocol error.

Final customer (endpoints) uses a softphone and connects outside customer firewall, and also have to use customer proxy while connect to Genesys Cloud URLs.

If they connect using a physical phone, they do not experience any problem, but when using the softphone, the call does not get picked up, giving the error that I mentioned above. In the console and browser crashes we have observed that there is a problem when they try to connect to an Amazon Web Services URL but we are not sure if this is the root cause.

THe error taht give us in browser is: ["lastConversationError: ",{"id":"7dd3f165-5d71-40d9-bf79-0f81329ca213","errorInfo":{"code":"error.ininedgecontrol.connection.protocol.transport","message":"Transport Failure","messageWithParams":"Transport Failure","messageParams":{"text":"Transport Failure"}}}]

anyone has any idea? Thanks in advance

David Fradejas Tomás
    Sabio Ibérica, S.A.

• 15.  RE: Disconnect Type: Error; Error Code: error.ininedgecontrol.connection.protocol.timeout

GENESYS
    Posted 07-18-2023 21:01

Just to be sure...what softphone are they using? Or, are they using the Genesys Cloud WebRTC phone?

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), CCXP
    Principal PS Consultant
    Genesys

• 16.  RE: Disconnect Type: Error; Error Code: error.ininedgecontrol.connection.protocol.timeout

Posted 07-19-2023 00:51

Hi George,

They are using Softphone, not webrtc, and the last version.

Thanks 

David Fradejas Tomás
    Sabio Ibérica, S.A.

• 17.  RE: Disconnect Type: Error; Error Code: error.ininedgecontrol.connection.protocol.timeout

Posted 07-28-2023 04:55

Hi George, just to update you and all people who had same problem...

Regarding the test we had made today, I found something that could be related (or not) with our issues.

When we look at the Softphone registration, we see an IP address that is different from what we recieve on Edges:

sip:ES-5CG12163CD_1@130.177.172.179:8060;transport=tcp

So the desktop have a local IP address 130.177.172.179, that is been NATED to 172.28.221.179, and that is the IP we recieve in the signaling on egdes and phone trunk.

So the probem in the NAT.

David Fradejas Tomás
    Sabio Ibérica, S.A.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources