Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Migration from Engage Cloud to Genesys Cloud

Posted 02-23-2021 10:36
    Looking for anyone who has moved or is moving from Engage Cloud to Genesys Cloud, either forced or self-initiated that would be willing to discuss issues they are facing or have faced during the migration.
    #Implementation
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Byron Nelson
    Customer Operations System Administrator
    OGE Energy Corp
    Customer using Engage Cloud since 2015

• 2.  RE: Migration from Engage Cloud to Genesys Cloud

Posted 02-23-2021 13:43
    Hi Byron

I'm not entirely sure of what key differences there are between Engage on-prem and Engage Cloud but I'd have to say one of the biggest challenges we've had and continue to have are in the WFM space - especially if the organisation migrating has a relatively complex contract/shift/team structure or make use of a lot of the features within WFM Engage.  Thankfully they're catching up but it's slow going.

From a technical support angle it's been a bit of a curve not being able to pull out things like URS, SIP Server logs to do things that you take for granted in Engage like tracking ConnIDs throughout and see stuff down at the level of variables being set.  I miss IRD, Composer when compared to Architect for building flows too.

Then there's stuff like reporting which again is lacking without going down the road of getting an AppFoundry third-party product again compared to something like GI2 under Engage where you could customise/develop some reports in BusinessObjects.

WebRTC can be a challenge but that can be a problem under any platform, including Engage.

Really is a case of going through the business requirements early on to make sure you set proper expectations. 

My personal opinion is also that the level support from Genesys is different under Genesys Cloud vs Engage.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources