Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Email Routing information needed

Posted 12-24-2020 00:25

Hi Team,

I have a question about how email routing happens in purecloud. We have built a flow for email in architect. The first time, my email hits the flow and gets routed to the agent. Once the agent responds to the customer and customer replies to this email , the  second email doesnt seem to hit the flow but gets routed directly to the agent. How does that happen? Is it because it carries the same interaction id?

We would like to get the back and forth replies between customer and agent also hit the email flow designed in architect. IS that possible? Is there any documentation pertaining to this? 

Regards

Tilly

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Tilly Ramachandran
    Byte Information Technology

• 2.  RE: Email Routing information needed

Posted 01-24-2021 20:57
    Maybe @George Ganahl knows differently, but Genesys Cloud will thread emails back to the same conversation for 30 days.  You are correct that it will hit the flow on the initial email, but all others will go directly to the agent that last handled it or thread it to the email and send it to the queue directly.  I can see cases where this does not work.  What is the case you are trying to solve for?  Perhaps you can accomplish this with a script?​

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Email Routing information needed

Posted 01-26-2021 19:36
    Hi Robert, 
    Thanks for your answer.  It is nice to meet you here. we are actually using Avtex as a connector in our D365 environment and trying to do different functionality when the email is a new email vs reply email and what customer records pop up in Avtex based on new vs reply. 
    We achieved what we needed based on trial and error .
    But what confused me first ,was due to the fact that I was using AutoReplies to figure out what flows were hit, but none of my auto replies were being triggered for replies. (Later realised that is a limitation set up AWS)

Regards
    Tilly

Tilly Ramachandran
    Byte Information Technology

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources