Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Creating a callback after-hours that is only presented to an agent during service hours

Posted 06-17-2021 20:39
    Hi

We have a service that operates Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm for which we want to offer an after-hours caller the option to request a callback where they will be called back during the normal service operation hours, i.e. from the following 8am.

For after hours, our Genesys Cloud Inbound Call Flow is configured to play a prompt to advise the times the service is open and offer a callback. If the callback option is chosen, the callback presents to the next available agent with the appropriate skills/queue assignments etc regardless of the time.

Is it possible to configure it so that a callback created after-hours is only presented to agents from 8am (the start of our open hours for the service)? (We don't want to rely on the agents taking themselves off a queue outside of the hours that the service is operated, then having to put themselves back on in service hours.)

I found this FAQ which indicates it may not be possible - Can Genesys Cloud set callable times for callbacks? - Genesys Cloud Resource Center

Thanks in advance.

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Sarah Newell
    Lifeline

• 2.  RE: Creating a callback after-hours that is only presented to an agent during service hours

Posted 06-18-2021 12:31

Sarah,

We did this in Engage Cloud last year.  I can send you the logic we used and though it will have to be converted into Architect flows, a lot of thought was put into the overall logic, so you might find it useful.  We went this route because we banned the use of VoiceMail due to lack of good reporting and ability for management oversight. This is an area that Genesys should focus on for additional functionality.

• 3.  RE: Creating a callback after-hours that is only presented to an agent during service hours

Posted 06-20-2021 16:23
    Hi Kevin,

That would be much appreciated. I'm new to Genesys  (and the Genesys Community) and getting assistance such as the logic you have used would be very helpful.

Thanks

Sarah Newell
    Lifeline

• 4.  RE: Creating a callback after-hours that is only presented to an agent during service hours

Posted 06-22-2021 15:57
    Sarah, I have requested adding you as a contact.  Once connected I will send you the logic we created.

• 5.  RE: Creating a callback after-hours that is only presented to an agent during service hours

Posted 06-22-2021 17:57
    Thanks Kevin, much appreciated. We should be connected now.

Sarah Newell
    Lifeline

• 6.  RE: Creating a callback after-hours that is only presented to an agent during service hours

Posted 07-28-2021 08:18
    Hi Kevin,

I've been working on something similar for our new Cloud environment we're migrating to.  We have very different logic running for scheduled callbacks right now in Engage Cloud but the business wants to go to the same format Sarah described.  Wondered if you might be willing to share your logic with us as well?

Bethany Han
    Business Application Expert
    Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources