Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Is there any way to limit who receives new feature notifications within the client via permissions?

Posted 09-30-2020 11:01
    Is there a way to prevent users from receiving new feature notifications in the client?

While Admins and Supervisors may want to know about new features, there should be a way to prevent end users from seeing notifications when features are released. This does more harm then good for agents and business users, when they all send questions about this to IT or their supervisors. Not every feature will be used in every org either, so it just creates confusion and cost other teams valuable time.

For example, today, all agents in an org were told there is this great new mobile app via this notification. The app is for WFM and they are not currently using it in Genesys Cloud. They don't need to know about stuff like this.

If there is not a way to do this, I'll submit a new idea to the ideas lab. I wanted to check here first.

Thanks,
    #Ask Me Anything (AMA)
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface
    #Roadmap/NewFeatures
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Daniel McLeod
    Qsect LLC

• 2.  RE: Is there any way to limit who receives new feature notifications within the client via permissions?

Posted 10-01-2020 06:39
    Absolutely agree! I'm so glad you brought this up as I was wondering the same yesterday. This is really distracting for the agents, and unnecessary for many of our supervisors, and does more harm than good. It'd be nice if this could be a check box in the user profile or something similar. If you end up submitting an idea, please post it here - you've got my vote.

Emily Kammerer
    Ascendium Education Group, Inc.

• 3.  RE: Is there any way to limit who receives new feature notifications within the client via permissions?

Posted 10-05-2020 15:20
    I just created an idea for this. Please vote for it and share with anyone else who might appreciate this feature being added.

https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLPLA-I-1019

Thanks,

Daniel McLeod
    Qsect LLC

• 4.  RE: Is there any way to limit who receives new feature notifications within the client via permissions?

GENESYS
    Posted 10-06-2020 18:44
    Hi Daniel 

Thanks for bringing this topic up. Specifically the WFM Mobile Application "Tempo" which was released last Wednesday.

Typically our in app notifications target specific users with specific permissions enabled so we can get this information to the correct user type. In the case of the in application announcement in Genesys Cloud last week this was misconfigured and we uncovered this early Wednesday Morning EST and made the change as soon as we became aware. 

The intent of the in application notification was to reach agents who were actually scheduled in Genesys Cloud. In this particular instance the user who benefitted from this feature is the agent in this scope. 

Hope that clarifies what occurred last Wednesday. 

Regards

Cameron Smith
    VP, Product Management - Workforce Engagement Management

cameron.smith@genesys.com

• 5.  RE: Is there any way to limit who receives new feature notifications within the client via permissions?

Posted 10-06-2020 21:44
    Hi Cameron,

Thank you for clarifying. I still think the feature would be helpful, especially if there is any mention of an app. Some customers do not want their users using any sort of mobile app.

Also, this comes back to questions again. Some customers prefer to notify their users of updates when they need to know, to avoid unnecessary questions. Regardless of the topic, I agree with Emily, that these can do more harm than good.

Thanks,
    Daniel McLeod

Daniel McLeod
    Qsect LLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources