Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Predictive Slowdown

Posted 10-16-2019 12:36
    Yesterday afternoon into today our predictive calling seems to have significantly slowed, with agents spending more and more time in between calls. Since implementing the 'set stage' action in my scripts a couple of months ago, the pace has been fairly consistent until now. I'm curious if others have experienced something similar, and/or for any possible explanations/suggestions/recommendations. There has not been any significant change in the list itself, the number of agents, or the campaign settings. I'm stumped. I'll also note that our power campaign is continuing to run with the efficiency.
    #Outbound

------------------------------
    Emily Kammerer
    Ascendium Education Group, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Predictive Slowdown

Posted 10-17-2019 06:27
    Have you evaluated the results of your calls? How many attempts have you made on the data, have you completed/contacted a large percentage of it? the call results usually show the best indication of what may be the issue - a higher level of no answers or dead lines for example. If the data is more than 50% through then the vast majority of what you have left will have a higher number of non-connects as a result.

Gordon Thomson
    Actavo

• 3.  RE: Predictive Slowdown

Posted 10-17-2019 08:59
    Thanks, Gordon, for the response. The raw number of calls dropped quite a bit, but there were no significant changes in right party contacts. That's what's got me wondering exactly what's going on. It's as though the speed of the campaigns reverted back to how it was before I put in the 'set stage' actions. Where a particular campaign may have taken an hour or two to complete, it is now taking 3-4 hours or more with no change in call results.
    In an interesting turn of events, it seems to be getting a little better despite me having made no changes.

Emily Kammerer

• 4.  RE: Predictive Slowdown

Posted 10-17-2019 09:29
    Hi Emily,

Glad it's getting better- but i can completely see why you really need to know what it was that caused the down turn in productivity. On one separate point the availability of agent resources has a huge impact on the raw number of calls that can be launched, as i'm sure you know - did the number of people you have in drop, or did they perhaps spend more time off-queue in an unavailable status?

Gordon Thomson
    Actavo

• 5.  RE: Predictive Slowdown

Posted 10-18-2019 09:19
    That's the thing... there was no significant change in the number of agents or how they were spending their time. It's a real head scratcher. While I'm glad it self-corrected, it's nonetheless unsettling. I think at this point I'm going to have to hope it was a weird fluke, and if it happens again I may just open up a case.

Emily Kammerer

• 6.  RE: Predictive Slowdown

Posted 10-18-2019 09:32
    Weird - have you checked there was no significant GoS error level increase, or other kind of network level/Telecoms outage?

Gordon Thomson
    Actavo

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources