Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Is there a way to auto initiate web messenger

Posted 11-16-2021 08:38
    Hello,

We are currently working on web messenger in our organization. Is there any possibility to auto initiate the web messenger frame , without waiting for the customer/client to start a conversation. Ideally we would like to  greet the customer automatically when they visit our web page and the messenger frame auto initiate without clicking the button . If they have to click the button is also fine, however would like to start a greeting after clicking the button instead of waiting for the client to initiate the conversation. 

TIA
    Sathish
    #Ask Me Anything (AMA)
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #DigitalChannels
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Sathish Mohanakrishnan
    Allscripts Healthcare Solutions Inc.

• 2.  RE: Is there a way to auto initiate web messenger

Posted 11-16-2021 14:04
    The interaction is usually initiated as the result of the onClick() event for the button (or whatever) being fired off. There is nothing to stop you instead using a different event, such as the completion of a page load, to do the same thing, if necessary.

HTH

• 3.  RE: Is there a way to auto initiate web messenger

Posted 11-17-2021 06:53
    Hi Paul,

sorry for being novice. Is there any steps to do this? How do I get the onClient() event into the messenge flow to initiate a greeting from bot without waiting for the customer to type in something?

Sathish Mohanakrishnan

• 4.  RE: Is there a way to auto initiate web messenger

Posted 11-17-2021 13:23
    If you check out the Guest Chat API documentation, it shows you how to programmatically send messages. So once you have the Chat open, you could send an "wake up" message...

https://developer.genesys.cloud/api/rest/client-libraries/javascript-guest/WebChatApi#postWebchatGuestConversationMemberMessages

HTH

• 5.  RE: Is there a way to auto initiate web messenger

Posted 11-21-2021 21:20

Hi Paul

I believe OP was talking about Web Messaging - this link appears to only apply to Chat?

Cheers
    Jeff

Jeffrey

• 6.  RE: Is there a way to auto initiate web messenger

Posted 12-06-2021 09:26
    HI Paul,

This documentation speaks about Chat. I am looking to implement this in Web Messenger. Is it still a possibility?

Sathish Mohanakrishnan

• 7.  RE: Is there a way to auto initiate web messenger

Posted 11-17-2021 03:43
    Great question, we are also looking at an initial greeting rather than relying on the customer guessing they have to enter text.  This is also an issue for Bot flows where once the icon is clicked we would like the bot to start automatically rather than again wait for the customer.

Kind Regards
    Phil

Philip Thys
    British Telecommunications PLC

• 8.  RE: Is there a way to auto initiate web messenger

Posted 11-22-2021 16:29
    I would love to figure out how to do this as well.  Hopefully, someone comes up with a solution.

Martin Bunting
    i3Vision Technologies Inc.

• 9.  RE: Is there a way to auto initiate web messenger

GENESYS
    Posted 12-07-2021 08:55
    Hello 👋

Great thread, it further validates our current direction: we just started the necessary work to enable this use-case, where conversations can start automatically, as the end-user opens the Messenger, or programmatically via JS Command. See the corresponding Idea here: https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/DIG-I-997
    This will enable powerful use-cases where end-user can immediately be greeted by a chatbot, to welcome & qualify anonymous visitors and/or understand their intents.

Thanks,
    Angelo

Angelo Cicchitto
    Genesys - Employees

• 10.  RE: Is there a way to auto initiate web messenger

Posted 12-07-2021 09:45
    Fantastic news, if you need any beta testers you only have to ask 😀

Philip Thys
    British Telecommunications PLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources