Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Behavior of callbacks offered in queued call flows

Posted 08-18-2020 09:25

Good morning, Community:

If we schedule a callback by using the Architect In-Queue CallFlow Action called Create Callback,

1. How long will the callback remain in the queue until it is answered?
    2. Genesys Cloud set any timeout to answer this type of interactions?
      2.1. If so, what happens to callback interactions that could not be answered by agents in the timeout defined?
    3. If not, it is possible to set a threshold or limit of the number of callbacks created in order to stop to offer them in an in-queue call flow?

Thank you, I appreciate your clarifications.
    #DigitalChannels

------------------------------
    William Martín Chávez González
    Systems Engineer
    Global Networks Solutions S.A.S.

• 2.  RE: Behavior of callbacks offered in queued call flows

Posted 08-18-2020 16:51
    Hope these help:
    1. A callback is just like a call except it has no in-queue handling, so it will stay in the queue until answered.  With a call, you can flow out at a given time, but not with a callback.
    2. There is no No Answer timeout like in PureConnect.  You could easily do this with an API call for notifications and then act on it with another API call, but the only thing you have is the ability to alert, but not act on time in queue.
    2.1. N/A
    3. Yes, you could check the queue for the number of callback interactions and then allow or not allow more to be offered in the In-queue flow with a simple API call.  

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Behavior of callbacks offered in queued call flows

Posted 08-25-2020 15:26
    Good afternoon:

Thank you for your confirmations.

I understood that we can use the Observations API in order to monitor both 1) the number of callback interactions in queue - the oWaiting metric associated to the callback queue - and the 2) tWait metric; therefore to use the Conversations API to delete a callback if its related tWait time is grether than a threshold. Is it Right?

Finally, in order to prevent the agents to do not dial a received callback interaction, would you please guide us if could we set a timeout using the API or a native-platform mechanism, to make the dial automatically?

Thank you.

William Martín Chávez González
    Systems Engineer
    Global Networks Solutions S.A.S.

• 4.  RE: Behavior of callbacks offered in queued call flows

Posted 09-16-2020 04:17

Hi Robert

Hope you are well 

Adding to this point, is it normal that in performance - queues when i select call backs there are two call backs on lets say 13th and 14th of this month.

One is answered and other is not, but both are shown in the same way which is offered , but the offered call is available in the calls section i.e., i can see the metrics like the talk time avg handle time. but not in the call back section

How can we see the metrics of the call back section here. I tried to add the columns in the right side panel but no luck. could you please guide with this.

Regards 

Teja Darbha
    Jathwa Technology Solutions
    teja.darbha@jathwa.com
    Riyadh Saudi Arabia

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources